Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-26-2011, 06:57 AM   #1
tarheel

Default Tourmaster Lighted Entry Grab Bar

The lighted entry grab bar on my 07 Tourmaster has burned out. Does anyone know where to get a replacement?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
Wildblue

Default Re: Tourmaster Lighted Entry Grab Bar

Can you not get it from Gulfstream? Let us know-- I wouldn't mind adding a lighted handle to my Endura.

37' 2008 GS Conquest Endura 6362 Class "C+", International Chassis w/diesel VT365
Wildblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
03heritagerider

I bought an aftermarket lighted handle. If your handle is like mine, all you need to do is remove the mounting screws and the bulb should be in the top metal bracket. Once it is removed from the side of the coach, the top metal bracket should just pull off the handle.

The handles (on the ones I've seen) don't actually light up. The light from the bulb shines down though the Lucite handle causing it to glow.

I bought a replacement bulb mounted in a plug-together socket at an RV store for about $15.00. But you can get the replacement bulbs at an auto parts store for about $5.00.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
tarheel

I finally got around to replacing the light in my lighted grab bar handle. If anyone else has this issue, here is some information.

The LED light fits in the top of the handle and shines down through the tubes in the plastic handle. The handles are manufactured by ITC Corporation and the replacement LED is an assembly with the bulb, light frame, and wiring as one unit. Just remove the grab bar assembly, unplug the old light assembly and plug in the new one. From what I can find out, they manufacture most of the lighted grab bars for RV's and boats. Below is their web site.

http://www.itc-marine.com/product/led-r ... ip-handles

I called their Indiana division and the lady cheerfully sold me the replacement without going through a dealer. It was $10 plus shipping so I order two so that I would have a replacement. Someone else said that their first replacement didn't last very long. I watched another person in FL last winter attempt to rig a replacement using a regular DC bulb assembly. In such a small unvented enclosure, I didn't think that was a very good idea due to excess heat!