Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
03heritagerider

Default RV Resort membership question

I posted this in "Chit-Chat" but since I was the last one to post anything in that category nearly 4 months ago, I have to assume few, if any, will see it there, so forgive me if I'm off-topic. I just figured Class-A owners would relate...

Anybody out there involved with Thousand Trails?

I got an e-mail and looked over their website and it looks attractive. We like to "Travel" in our rig during the winters (3-4 months) and rarely go to the same resort two years in a row.

It sounds like you pay the $525.00 annual fee and $3.00 per night after the first 30 days each year. A lot of the locations are in places we like to go, or want to go. They are currently offering a buy one zone and get the second free.

What's the catch? What am I not seeing? Is it impossible to find a spot at their locations?
Old 10-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
tarheel

Default Re: RV Resort membership question

Check out this discussion on another site about Thousand Trails, it may help.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/thousand ... 15645.html
Old 10-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
RayChez1

Default Re: RV Resort membership question

I have been with Thousand Trails for eleven years. It is the best thing you can do if you want to save money. When I first started RVing I was paying around forty dollars a night at places like KOA and other campgrounds through out the country. I learned real fast that RVing was going to get expensive at that rate. So we bought into thousand Trails. At the present time we are Platinum members. But it cost us lot more then 535 bucks. I paid to become a Platinum member around seven thousand, BUT! we can stay at their preserves year round if we so chose to. So it has more then paid for itself in the first year alone of usage. They have all kinds of plans now because they want to get younger families to enjoy their preserves. Some are real nice like the one I just stayed at for a month up at SnowFlower, California next to a nice lake and high timbers. But they got preserves all over the country for what ever fits your needs.
Great for full timers. I have never had a problem getting reservations. The only time you got to reserve a least a month ahead is on major holidays.

But there are many that do not like private preserves and would rather go out for state parks which do not have full hook ups. TT is a gated RV preserve with security guards to protect its members.

After we paid the initial price all we have now to pay is what they call maintenance dues and they cost me around four hundred twenty five dollars per year.

Being a Platinum member also allows your immediate family to enjoy camping at any of their preserves for a fee of thirty five dollars per year. My daughter loves to go camping on her travel trailer and enjoys fishing in some of their preserves. I myself enjoy the camp grounds next to the pacific ocean by the beach all the way from California to Washington. Oregon is one of my favorite places next to the beaches.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote