Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-20-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
GO BLUE

Default DINING TABLE

WHEN I PULL OUT DINING TABLE TO ADD LEAF IT IS EXTREMELY WOBBLY SIDE TO SIDE.............ITS FINE IF A DONT USE LEAF........IS THIS NORMAL..........ALSO CABLE HOOKUP ON UP FRONT TV BAD SIGNAL.. BEDROOM TV AND OUTSIDE TV PERFECT.....I PUSHED THAT RED LITE BUTTON ON OR OFF MAKES NO DIFFERENT ON FRONT TV...SATELLITE AND BAT WING ARE PERFECT ON ALL TV'S.....ANY IDEAS???
Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #2
mfa

The red light button only boosts the batwing antenna signal -- it will have no effect on cable TV and should be off when you are using cable TV.

If you have no cable signal up front, it sounds like either the front TV is connected incorrectly or there is a bad connection in the line going to the front TV.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #3
Arthur Hayes

Our dinning table was wobbly also, so I got under it and noted some loose screws and the way it was fastened. I know I made some modifications and apparently it has worked. I did the repair a few weeks after we took delivery last September. It was a easy fix, just look at it and I am sure you will figure it out.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #4
hyall

On my table leg I widen it at the floor base with any top gain wood and stain to match, with the wider surface on floor it stopped wobbling also make sure your tv setup is correct (open air antenna) not cable for the booster or cable and switch for outside cable
hyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
djqualls

My table is relatively stable. The Tourmaster having the table instead of the booth was a definite positive for me in my choice for the coach. Not the sole choice, but I didn't like the idea of the booth. The table lets me have more flexible room in the coach because I both work and play in it.

I have also put the table in front of the co-pilot seat at night to store, and setup a queen airbed that was on a platform to run alongside the sleeper sofa, and 6 comfortable adults were able to sleep at night and we still had the luxury of the Tourmaster floor plan for the trip.

If I could have changed it, (now that its out of warranty) I would like the direct hallway to the bedroom (the 07's have them) instead of the jog around to get in since when the bedroom slide closed, its impossible for anyone of size to get into the bedroom.

I think this can be easily modified with the addition of an accordian type bedroom door instead of the pocket door and cutting about 8 inches off of the hollow petition wall that is there now. I looked and its a small wire reroute and a little trim and new piece of tile to replace the gap.

I guess I should start a new thread about this retrofit and any suggestioins.

Dave........
Old 09-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

Hey dj, retro fits are all the fun !! I just removed the Dinnette Bench and table and purchased an oak cabinette, table and 4 chairs while I was at the Rally in Goshen. AMISH WOOD SHOP MADE TO ORDER AND SHIPPED TO ME. FIT PERFECT. Much more passing room when slide is closed and the table can be moved to suit the occasion.

Next is that USELESS recliner rocker . out it goes and a small oak table
/ Magazine rack that folds will take its place.

I have been "sleeving" all the plastic water lines with a split foam pipe insulation and that has ended the pipe "rattle".

There is "no end" to what can be done !!

Go to "upgrading the coach" in Class A to see the Pics.

Clyde
Old 09-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
GO BLUE

i took my coach in to north trail on tues went to check on friday they agree my table is way too loose but then they went and checked the other six in stock and said they were all loose so they consider this "the way it is" ill let you know