Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
dottymack

Default California registration

We are attempting to register our 2004 Sun Voyager in California however the DMV could not locate our Federal Identification number which they need for safety clearance nor could they find the Emissions Standards sticker which they thought should be under the hood. Can anyone help us locate these stickers on our motor home?
dottymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
RayChez1

Default Re: California registration

Not sure if you have a gasoline or diesel, but on my diesel the Federal emission sticker was on the top cover of the engine. But I have a Caterpillar engine. I believe you have a gasoline engine, not sure, but it seems like it would be on one of the valve covers.

But if it is not there I would call the chassis builder of your coach. Have your VIN number when you call because that is how they can find out.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #3
dottymack

Thanks. We do have a gasoline engine so we will check that out. Not sure what the DMV wants on the federal identification number. We put a call in to Gulfstream and hopefully they will call us back.
dottymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #4
RayChez1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottymack
Thanks. We do have a gasoline engine so we will check that out. Not sure what the DMV wants on the federal identification number. We put a call in to Gulfstream and hopefully they will call us back.
It is call a film federal emission number. When I bought my coach in Las Vegas and I took it to California to register it the DMV told me that they physically had to see that film tag or else they could not register it in the state. He said if it did not have it, that the coach could not be registered.

I do not think I would call Gulf Stream for that number. I would call either workhorse which is GM or Ford and ask them where to look for that sticker.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote