Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-17-2018, 08:48 AM   #1
shilst

Default Hello

RV dealership owner for 40 years. Sold Skamper, StarCraft, Fleetwood. Retired 2006. Bought Gulfstream Super C 2007. Poorest quality manufacturer I've ever dealt with. Became disabled in 2011 due to MS & cancer. Gave RV to my son.
shilst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:16 AM   #2
Restorium

Gulfstream is WAY better than Fleetwood, in my opinion. Why did you buy a Gulfstream after being on expert on everything else?
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
shilst

Fleetwood went bankrupt after John Crean retired and sold out. Fleetwood was the largest RV manufacturer in the world at one time. I bought Gulfstream from dealer friend of mine. Had no previous experience with Gulfstream. StarCraft was an excellent product until bought by Jayco. I'm far from an expert, but I do have a lot of experience. We all have our opinions.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:57 AM   #4
althotos

So, I don't claim to be an expert on Motorhomes, but having owned a 1999 Bounder 30E for the past 5 years, which I traded in on my 2004 Gulf Stream Crescendo 8356 this March 2018, I have a comparison of build quality. The Bounder, owned by Fleetwood, was very basic and solid. The Gulf Stream, on the other hand, is comparatively luxurious and superior in build quality. Going from a gas to a diesel may have something to do with it too - kind of like going from a standard to a premium offering. The Bounder on he other hand was a little nicer than my 1997 Damon Hornet TT, which I purchased new in 1996, but then we are comparing an MH to a TT. I've been really happy with my GS. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience and sorry to hear about your deteriorating health. Stay well and stay active, if possible.
1999 Bounder 30E (traded 2018 on GF)
1997 Hornet 25 TT (sold 2003)
althotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
shilst

Thank you !!