Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-02-2018, 08:37 AM   #1
joe

Default 5230 BT Electrical Questions

Just purchased a 2002 5230 and could use some help.

1. The Voyager Camera Monitor has lost power. I have attempted to trace the wiring to see if there is an inline fuse without result. So-Is there an inline fuse and, if so, where is it located? Second, does anyone know where the camera power supply is located?

2. In attempting to familiarize myself with the unit, I attempted, without success, to locate the converter. I have looked under the kitchen cabinets where the power supply connects to the breaker box and anywhere I could get access. If anyone knows, please let me know.

3. How do you access the slide motor. I have read other post and checked the top of the outside box where the house battery is located, but see no way to remove the top, assuming the motor is located there (the top is metal with no apparent screws or fasteners).

All advice would be appreciated.

As a side note, This is our first class C. Our prior RV was a Bluebird which was a great bus but too large (on the plus side it was a great machine and easy to work on). I am fairly handy but the inability to locate essential gear is maddening.
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
butter

Default Inverter

I own the same model but an 07. My inverter is under the clothes closet and behind the removable drawer, above the hot water heater.
butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
parahovis00

My 2006 Conquest Endura has an inline fuse for the backup camera behind the plastic trim behind the driver's seat (just below the shoulder harness/seatbelt reel).
parahovis00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:13 AM   #4
joe

Thanks. I checked and no inverter there in my unit. Still looking
joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 10:52 AM   #5
Deany41

My 2006 5231B has an access panel under the slide unit. I have a battery compartment on the outside of coach and I found it on the ceiling of this compartment. Half of the access panel extends into the wheel well. My screws and panel were covered in spray foam applied at the factory. It clearly was not visible. I had to use an air descaler to remove this foam and there it was. I had to make repeated phone calls to the factory to find someone that convinced me it was there. Get ready for some serious contortions to work on this slide motor through the battery compartment. Mine was a sheared pin is all. If you want pictures let me know.
Deany41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter, slide motor, voyager