Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-13-2018, 02:44 AM   #1
Fergie

Default Location of gray and black holding tanks on 1994 Conquest W6300DH

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I bought this 1994 GS Conquest Limited Edition, model W6300. I am gradually making upgrades and repairs. The previous owner is permitting me to work on it in his backyard. I have been trying to find a schematic or blueprint of sorts that gives the exact location of all the tanks and the dimensions of the tanks. I have a toilet that backed up two weeks after I emptied the black tank, and no one using the toilet. Where did the water in the toilet come from? How do I access the tanks if I want to inspect them for rust-through, etc.? Do the gray and black tanks share a common, adjoining wall? Could water from the gray tank be leaking into the black tank? Do you access the tanks from underneath, or from above, by pulling up part of the flooring? Does anyone know who manufactured the tanks for GS, or is that a part of the manufacture they do themselves? Thanks to anyone who knows anything about this!
Fergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 06:34 AM   #2
Restorium

Maybe rain came in through the tank's roof vent?
And/or;
If the two exit valves on the tanks both leak, or are both left open, and you have a cap on the main exit, or clog in sewer connection, then the gray tank could fill the black tank until it overflowed the toilet.
And/or:
If you are connected to a sewer, and the sewer backed up, your toilet could overflow.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:19 AM   #3
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I bought this 1994 GS Conquest Limited Edition, model W6300. I am gradually making upgrades and repairs. The previous owner is permitting me to work on it in his backyard. I have been trying to find a schematic or blueprint of sorts that gives the exact location of all the tanks and the dimensions of the tanks. I have a toilet that backed up two weeks after I emptied the black tank, and no one using the toilet. Where did the water in the toilet come from? How do I access the tanks if I want to inspect them for rust-through, etc.? Do the gray and black tanks share a common, adjoining wall? Could water from the gray tank be leaking into the black tank? Do you access the tanks from underneath, or from above, by pulling up part of the flooring? Does anyone know who manufactured the tanks for GS, or is that a part of the manufacture they do themselves? Thanks to anyone who knows anything about this!

I am pretty sure the tanks are plastic and will not corrode. Sometime the sink or shower or both are plumbed to the Black Tank. To check for this drain the black tank until it completely quits draining. Leave the drain open and run water in the sinks and shower and see if any water comes out. On my unit they are long flat tanks that run the entire width of the coach. They are all next to each other just behind the rear axle.

Sudsy
Old 07-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
frtliner

Hey I had some problems finding information on 94 scenic cruiser,I called they sent .me a build sheet which showed everything about my rv,just need last 6 of vin
frtliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
waterfowlah

I am smack dab in the middle of a 1994 conquest black tank issue. on mine the bathroom sink is plumbed into the black tank. I would assume they do that to make sure there is enough fluid to move solids when dumped. Tanks are plastic and only about 30 gallons. also they taper 4" maybe at the toilet larger at the dump valve. the sink has a flapper valve and is vented to the same vent as the black tank through the roof vent.

hope this helps.
waterfowlah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessing holding tanks, gs conquest 1994 w6300dh, holding tanks