Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Class A
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-14-2022, 06:35 PM   #1
washetas

Default temp gauge going bonkers

Hello all,
Last August headed to SD for our Sturgis Trip.Had a floating temp gauge all the way there.Had to stop when it triggered the sensor signal.Stopped the rig.Waited 2 minutes and headed back out and the temp gauge dropped to normal.Hit somewhat of an incline and got the same thing. has anyone ever expeirienced this situation.My pals tell me to put a switch on my engine fan.I dont believe that is the problem.If it redlines and I pull over for 2-3 minutes how could it possibly go right back to normal after only resting for that amount of time? Any thoughts? Thank you all and Merry Christmas.Peace I have a 2003 gulfstream Friendship G7.
washetas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 09:55 AM   #2
BT Chris

Default Temperature gauge

I had similar experience with my 2004 e450. Temp and speedometer wasn’t working. Temperature gauge was erratic but scan tool showed temperature of engine was correct and speed sensor was correct. I sent gauge cluster out for rebuild and fixed the problem
BT Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 02:50 PM   #3
Big Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT Chris View Post
I had similar experience with my 2004 e450. Temp and speedometer wasn’t working. Temperature gauge was erratic but scan tool showed temperature of engine was correct and speed sensor was correct. I sent gauge cluster out for rebuild and fixed the problem
BT Chris, where did you send the cluster out for repairs? I have my digital display going out on me.
BTW, Merry Christmas to all.
Big Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 08:16 AM   #4
BT Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
BT Chris, where did you send the cluster out for repairs? I have my digital display going out on me.
BTW, Merry Christmas to all.
I removed it myself and had a shop send it out . Google Ford dash cluster repair and you’ll find many options.
Old 12-29-2022, 08:19 AM   #5
BT Chris

I removed it myself and had a shop send it out. Google Ford Dash Cluster and you’ll find many options.
Old 01-02-2023, 08:13 PM   #6
hossross

Id buy a laser thermometer and verify if you have a heating problem or not. measure at top tank of radiator, if below 210 can remove rad cap and shoot the coolant, that is most accurate. every radiator hose you can shoot, even heater hoses if it doesn't have a shut off valve. shoot the head too, but it doesn't have to be at coolant temperature, so shoot it before overheats, when it overheats, and after long uphill pulls just to see what the range is. Diesels like heat to generate power so temperature range may be wide, dont know.
hossross is offline   Reply With Quote