Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
jmj437

Default Water tank filler hose problem

Have a 2004 GS BT Cruiser. (5270) When I try to fill the water tank I have a problem trying to get the water in the tank. It seems to me that GS did not install the filler valve assembly high enough on the body for the water to run into the tank when filling. It looks to me like the tank under the rear bed it to high for the fill hose to run the water into the tank. When I try to fill the tank the water runs back out onto the ground.

I did install a small piece of green garden hose inside of the filler neck and made it long enough that the hose would go into the tank. I did leave the male portion of the hose on it so that I can hook up a garden hose to service the tank.

The only problem is that the hose stick out and I can not put the cap on the orginal filler valve. When I make a right turn I can see the water running out of the filler door and onto the sides of the unit.

Has anyone out there had this problem? Any suggestions on how to solve this problem???????????????

Thanks in Advance
John
jmj437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
purduepete2

Default fresh water fill hose

John,

I have a 2007 5291B and I experienced the same problem when my unit was new. I put this item on the repair list and the dealer where I purchased it repaired it and billed GS. They had to pull out the rear bedroom slide and shorten the fill hose and vent line so that the water would go directly into the tank. I expect you might do the same by taking out the mattress and cutting out the excess hose from the inside with the bed raised.

Pete
purduepete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
jmj437

Default Rear water tank fill problem

Pete,

I will check into your suggestion. I do not have a rear bed slide but I will take out the mattress and do what ever I can to correct this problem. Probably will have to do some modification on the fill system along with the vent system. I guess this has been like this since it was new in 2004.

Thanks, Pete.

John
jmj437 is offline   Reply With Quote