Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-16-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
PieEye

Default New 2009 Super Nova Questions

Hey Folks - New 2009 6400 owner here and I have a few questions that I hope you can help with.

1) whats the trick to get sound out of the bedroom tv and cabover tv? I have the av selector switch and I can get the dvd player to play on all the tv's, but sound only comes from the main cabin souround system. nothing from either of the other tvs.

2) I've got a prodigy brake controller. Anyone know if Internatinal or prodigy has a plug in harness like they do for most pickups?

Thanks in advance.
PieEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
Texas TC

As far as the DVD is concerned, I have the same issue. Since the DVD is set up to go through the surround sound, there does not seem to be an option to change it to go through the TV sound so it does not work at the rear TV. I would add a cheap DVD player in the rear of the coach if I wanted to use DVD there.

No knowledge on your second question.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
pchicky

Maybe I can help here.....I have a 6400 as well and had the same crazy thing with the TV's.....is your surround/audio system turned off? If not, be sure to turn it off. I did that and all I have to do is crank up the regular TV sound and the cabover and rear TV work just fine. I have Sansui TV's in all three locations....hope that helps.

I don't have a brake controller on mine, so sorry I can't help with that one.

I hope you enjoy your 6400 as much as I do...it's a pleasure to drive.
pchicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #4
PieEye

Thanks for the replies folks.

pchicky - How do you turn off the surround system without turning off the dvd player? They are both in the same unit in mine. I havent tried it with regular tv yet but I will this weekend. Maybe that will have a different result.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
pchicky

If I want to watch the DVD movie on the bedroom or the overcab TV, I go to the "switcher box" (located in my right cabinet over the main TV) and switch the appropriate TV over to "DVD".....works like a charm....I had to figure out which TV was operated off of the three different TV ports on the switcher box. I admit the audio system can be a little confusing at first.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
pchicky

ooops, just read your message again and don't think I gave you the answer your were looking for...let me try again....

The DVD and surround system are one unit, so when one is on they are both on....I don't think you can watch the DVD on the main TV with the surround off....I haven't really experimented with that yet.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:11 PM   #7
PieEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchicky
ooops, just read your message again and don't think I gave you the answer your were looking for...let me try again....

The DVD and surround system are one unit, so when one is on they are both on....I don't think you can watch the DVD on the main TV with the surround off....I haven't really experimented with that yet.
Ahhh! thanks, maybe this helps. The only way I tried it was to have the swicthy thing for all 3 tv's on dvd.. I get vidieo on all 3 at the same time, but only sound from the souround. I wonder if I put the switchy thing for the main tv to something other than dvd if I would get sound on either of the other tv's.