Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Curt Krueger

Default Flat Screen TVs

I would like to change out our exsisting conventional tv with one of the new LCD models. We have an 05 Crescendo. I want to get rid of the front tv by placing the new flat screen on the front of the exsisting enclosure.
Anybody tried this yet? I would appreciate any ideas.

Curt
Old 05-19-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Bagman-ERI-retired

Send a message via Yahoo to Bagman-ERI-retired
Default Flatscreen LCD replacment on my 5210BT

I'm reading some of these posts and I can tell you what the dealer did on my RV. Since the 05 model TV would not work w/o the converter-he bought a new TV, had a cabinet maker make a matching door hinged at the top and mounted the new TV to the front of the door. Now I have extra storage space behind the door and a TV that receives the new signal on the antenna, I may install a dish system later for better reception and more channels. Hope this helped you.
Larry-new to RVing
PS-make sure you buy a TV that will clear the roof when you open the door-mine is a Samsung 19" that the base can be rotated 45 degrees to the rear. Since the audio on this TV is marginal-I am adding one of those small Blueray/FM'AM home theather systems to replace the RCA DVD/CD-should be a big improvement and now I can listen to radio.
Bagman-ERI-retired is offline   Reply With Quote