Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #1
rollout

Default No power in coach

Hello,

Been away for a few hours, came back and everything is dead. Batteries are almost completely dead. Not enough to run lights. The control panel does not register AC in. I checked the shore power and it is good. I fired up the generator, waited 30 seconds, heard the automatic transfer switch (ATS) click, but still the control panel registers no AC in. All of the breakers are flipped on.

Any ideas?

Where does the power flow after the ATS? Does it go from the ATS to the breaker boxes? Or does it flow from the ATS to the invertor, then back to the breaker boxes? I just don't know.

It is a 2006 Tourmaster.

Regards,
Richard
rollout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Luckiest Dreamer

After the ATS the power is routed to the breaker panel under the bed. From there to each of the coaches circuits such as the Refrig. The converter is also supplied from a 20A plug under the bed. The converter handles all of the lights, furnace, etc. It also maintains the charge to the house batteries. Make sure there is power to the converter from that plug. Check the 3 30A fuses on the output side. If they are good, you must remove the wires at the output to check if it is sending out the 13.3V it needs. A + or -.3V is OK.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
rollout

Default Inverter pooped out

Traced into the situation today after the temp climb above freezing.

The hotwire going into the inverter grounded out and evidently burned it up. I bypassed the inverter, put a charger on the batteries, and we are hot again. I will take the inverter to an authorized dealer next week and have the damage assessed.

Any opinions out there on the most rock solid inverter available? I have had two Xantrex's go out. Loosing faith in their product.
rollout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
Luckiest Dreamer

I had to send my Xantrex to the factory for repairs as well.
Good you are back in business and warm!