Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #1
Super_Coo

Default Looking for Info/Advice

Hi guys I have 3 things I need to get fixed up with our trailer... it is a 2006 Innsbruck Supreme 30TBR.

Last year when I winterized our trailer I de-frosted the freezer and noticed that 1 of the 8 bolts had sheared off and I found the washer sitting on the bottom of the freezer along with the head of the screw/bolt. Should I put a new self-tapping screw/bolt through the old one with the washer or fill the little hole with a caulking? Or even just leave it? I wouldn't want moisture to get in or out making it run harder or frost up more.

What is the best way to hook up the sewer as a semi-permanent setup? The trailer will not be moving but I would like to be able to remove it during the winter in case the ground moves or the trailer sinks etc.

The trailer has a rear slide/bunks and there is a 12v wall socket there. Coming from the slide is the plug. Neither of the 12v lights in the bunks have worked since we bought the trailer used last year. I measured 12.6vdc from the socket so I know there is power there. I noticed the cord had some electrical tape on it so I'm thinking the previous owner may have forgotten to unplug it when moving the slides in and broke the wires and didn't fix it right. Either that or both bulbs are burnt I'll have to look into this one a little deeper next time were there.

Thanks in advance!
Super_Coo is offline   Reply With Quote