Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-13-2015, 01:33 PM   #1
RinconVTR

Default Hensey and Propride hitch pricing

Having shopped both brands myself and recently having friends look into buying one of these, they encountered much the same effort and mystery I found. I wish to share my own results to save many of you the effort of hassling for a good price. And to avoid being ripped off.

Instead of copy pasting text, I am posting images of my own personal emails and invoices, of which I am the sole owner. Personal identifying information has been removed, because the internet is…well…the internet.

Hensley’s best remanufactured price - $1695. I missed the “blowout” date and paid $1795.
Best new was $2395+110 shipping.

For Propride, Sean is a real nice guy, but a little slippery. He says he will match Hensley’s remanufactured pricing but in the same breath says he doesn’t play price games. The problem is when you show him anything lower than $1995 from Hensley, he goes off the grid and stops responding. Yet he sells all day long on ebay for $1995. So does he really price match anything? I think not.

In fact because he would not respond to me for 3 weeks (with follow-ups) after providing Hensley pricing to match, I bought the Hensley.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
SeanWoodruff

Default Re: Hensey and Propride hitch pricing

Hey Eric...

I might be the most ON GRID person in the entire RV Industry.

You didn't even include all the emails in this post. I replied to you on March 3rd and that was the last I had heard from you. In fact, you sent me an email at 9:14pm and I responded to you at 9:20pm. SIX MINUTES. That was the last time I received an email from you and hardly seems like not responding to you for 3 weeks. When is the last time you received an email response from a company in 6 minutes?

Yes, I do match Hensley USED pricing with a NEW 3P hitch. You were told that at least twice in the entire thread of emails. The last email you posted above, which wasn't the last email in the conversation, you were told that.

I am also available any time I'm awake on my cell phone. You conveniently deleted the last line in my signature in the email you posted above that provides my CELL NUMBER and an invitation to call me any time. Why is that? Maybe to make me look more "slippery" in support of your post?

My customer service and responsiveness to anyone can easily be Googled and read about on a number of forums and in many reviews. Again, there's always the cell phone. It is with me at almost every waking moment of my life.

COMPLETELY ON GRID.

Like I said before... I don't play pricing games. I have more than enough business without "blowout pricing" every other day and selling used hitches.

My pricing is clearly listed on my web site for all to see. In the interest of customers not being stuck with USED hitches that have been "remanufactured" or "reconditioned" I DO match the Hensley used pricing. The fact that they change it like the weather is the reason I have to see an email quote from them. You never did send that to me but I was still offering you a NEW hitch at the USED price.

We also do not sell at $1995 "all day long" on eBay. We get VERY FEW used hitches that we sell on eBay. Again, used is the operative word there.

Just thought I should clear up your "mystery" you found. There's really no mystery. I answered every email you ever sent me in a VERY timely manner. I also provided my cell phone on every one of those emails.

I'm sorry you got stuck with a used hitch at that price.

Good luck with your orange hitch.

Sean Woodruff
"The most ON GRID, omnipresent business owner in the RV Industry"
24/7 800#, Cell phone, Text, e-Mail, web site contact form, Forums, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn... all with my REAL NAME
SeanWoodruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:35 PM   #3
RinconVTR

Ah....Hi Sean. You're obviously searching the web under this forum subject title to reply to my posts in dozens of towing forums.

And as always, a copy paste reply...so I will do the same.

Except yours is from one specific which you *****ed to the Admin over and over. Yeah, I know all about it.

Off grid, as I've previously explain to you, and if you stay in context, was about emails. And it didn't just happen once, it happen twice like deja vu, about 3-4 months apart. I gave you the exact dates in a PM from another site, and you backed down.

We can play games all day Sean, but replies like this don't help sell your hitch. When will you ever learn.

And this post, which I've made on numerous forums, is not to start a pissing match with you or anyone else. I have more bad things to say about Hensley than I do about you, but if you'd like to continue...I'll play. I have nothing to lose by telling my story and experience.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #4
SeanWoodruff

Really not having any trouble selling my hitch, Eric. And, I always have responded to nonsense all over the internet.

If you were having trouble getting your email through you could have called the cell phone number at the bottom of any email I sent. I'm available anytime on that number. Like it states in the signature of the emails you received. You can also text that number.

I'm not sure what game you're playing. You posted on numerous sites that I'm off grid. I responded to you and proved I'm not.

You have a hitch and yet you continue to troll for responses. Nothing to do?

Maybe I should have responded that I am on grid for people that I can help and want to possibly buy a 3P hitch. That isn't you. Have a great day.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #5
GStream40
Site Team

Alright fellows, enough of this!

This forum is NOT to be used for pissing matches!!!

I will not let it to continue, PLAY nice or I will have to do something that neither of you will like.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:33 PM   #6
RinconVTR

Calm down Ron. No one has posted anything questionable, both parties are staying level headed, and no rules have been broken.

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate."

I think Sean is a busy guy and simple was not able to keep up with every email. The issue for me, is that that the very same scenario played out twice, in precisely the same manor and timing. I have a right to be suspect after two identical occurrences.

What Sean does not acknowledge, is that I've told him more than once that I am a pro-Propride and actually represent the brand where applicable online, and not Hensley. I had so much trouble with my Hensley, it was refunded in full including shipping costs. I shared all this with Sean as I thought he might enjoy hearing of my troubles, and he could hardly believe what I experienced. But I guess he forgot or lost another email.

Fact remains, I'd actually buy the Propride today...if Sean stood by his word and sold me the hitch hitch at Hensley's re-manufactured price as he said he would. I have tried TWICE. I posted a copy of my actual Hesnley invoice here and sent it to Sean directly long ago but I have yet to get a response to confirm he will match this as he states.

No response...no confirmation = "off grid".

So, my experience and opinion remains, which I have shared it repeatedly on many forums.

Sean - Match the price reman Hensley price you said you do and you have another sale.

Until then, I'm still pro-propride...but my story cannot change.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #7
SeanWoodruff

You just missed the BLOW OUT SPECIAL in December.

It came with a bunch of prepper meals and water so customers can live off grid.