Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 11-06-2017, 10:40 AM   #1
Byronclink

Default Removing overhead cabinets on slide

I’ve removed all the screws I can locate and still can’t get cabinets down. There appears to be some type of hidden fastener in the bottom of the cabinet. Anybody figured it out? TIA
Byronclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
ngreen

Did you ever get any responses or remove the cabinets?
ngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
Byronclink

Got no responses. Cabinets are still there.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:10 AM   #4
ngreen

How is the cabinet project going? Were you able to remove the false bottoms and get them off the ceiling?
ngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #5
McKannick

We'll need multiple detailed pictures of the cabinets inside and out to be of any help. Cabinets in the body of the RV are installed as the unit is assembled. The slide is like a sub-assembly that may be 90% finished as it's installed into the unit. I don't see any logic in doing it this way, but are there any 'strange screw heads visible outside the slide at about the height of the cabinets? Next do the cabinets have like a false bottom? In other words a finished sheet on the bottom of the inside AND the outside? The framework may have been installed first (with the hidden screws) and then the trim installed on the bottom of the cabinet assembly. Again, looking at the idea as far as a sub-assembly in the factory, I don't see why they would take extra steps like that when typically they just have a couple guys with screw guns going crazy all along the cabinet frame [I]inside[I] the cabinets. Typically I would guess they used screws in all the inside framing structure, including perhaps over the doors, perhaps at an angle you can't see from outside the cabinets.
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:25 PM   #6
Byronclink

Thanks! Cabinets are out. There was a false bottom. Major pain but they are out.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:03 PM   #7
KitnBit

Default Dude you have terrible work lighting

DID YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE WITH THE LIGHTING/WIRES?

I want to remove the overhead cabinets in me slide and there are lights and a light switch attached, but I want then gone. Any help? It's just me so I can't count in any help, I do not care to save them if that makes a difference. I'll cut them into small ones but what to do about the wiring? I want to use that to update lighting once they're finally outta there!!

That was supposed to say
KitnBit is offline   Reply With Quote