Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #1
amman1725

Default Premier RV Solutions in Las Vegas - Any thoughts?

Hey everybody, hope everyone is having a good new years eve; I've gotten lots of great advice over the years on this site and I am back again! We're thinking about using these guys out of Las Vegas to sell our 06 Endura but they seem fishy to me; Anyone have any experience with these guys? According to Poulsbo RV here in WA we are "upside" down on our loan ie we owe 86,400 and they say the will only give us "low retail" per NADA guide on trade in! Thats insane! they are only offering 65k trade in value! Which would mean we'd have to drop 20k to buy our way out of the current loan and then start off with zero towards the new unit! So any info you can provide about this company will be greatly apreciated, Thanks again, and have a great 2009! Jeff.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
mfa

Unfortunately, NADA low retail is probably about what you would sell it for in a private deal nowadays. I assume from your post that you are trading in on a newer/bigger RV. Whether the package deal is palatable or not would depend on how much they are giving you off the other RV. If it is new, I would think you could get ~33% off the true MSRP.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
amman1725

You are correct and the new unit I am trying to trade up on is already severly discounted about 29% below msrp; Very valuable lesson I have learned with this situation ..... do your research before you buy your RV, and then wait at least a week and do more research because you could very well be stuck with it for the term of the loan unless you want to "buy" your way out of it; But don't get me wrong I love my Endura, I just wanted to upgrade; I wouldn't have dreamed that it would have dropped over 40% in value over 2.5 years; if you factor in the payments made thats a loss in value of about 65k in that short time frame! I don't quit though, and I'll sell it private party and then upgrade or keep it and maybe do some upgrades to bring the old Endura back into my good graces! Plus you can't put a value on the fun we've had in the last couple years, its all good in the end; Have a great new year and thanks for your input, Jeff.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #4
mfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by amman1725
... I wouldn't have dreamed that it would have dropped over 40% in value over 2.5 years...
Unfortunately, that's not unusual when buying a new motorhome. I think my rule-of-thumb would be to only buy new if you know you are going to keep it more than 5 years, otherwise buy one 2-4 years old where someone else has taken the big hit in value.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
amman1725

Thanks for the advice; I've now been aproached by a company called www.classyrv.com whom are basically a fsbo assistance company whom also list your ad on ebay; Have you ever heard of them? If so good/bad? Thanks again for your help, Jeff.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #6
mfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by amman1725
Thanks for the advice; I've now been aproached by a company called www.classyrv.com whom are basically a fsbo assistance company whom also list your ad on ebay; Have you ever heard of them? If so good/bad? Thanks again for your help, Jeff.
No, I've never heard anything about them...