Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-09-2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Nanaeve

Default Extended Warranty?

My wife is looking at extended warrantys for our 09 Endura. I was wondering what you all think about them and wanted to hear your 2 cents regarding the different ones out there. Good Sams seems resonable, but I wanted to find out your experiences with them good and bad.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
Texas TC

I bought mine (50000 miles or 5 years) from the dealer when I bought the coach. Since I was one of the first owners of the SuperNova on the International chassis, I felt it might be a good insurance policy. The cost was $3175 from Interstate Star. I have used it twice. Once, I had an electric leveling jack replaced and second, they replaced my bath and shower faucets along with an exhaust fan. I have been extremely pleased with the service they have provided. They even reimbursed me for the emergency service call for a technician to come to my house and raise the faulty electric jack and then paid for a new jack, main circuit board and labor to install the replacement unit. So far, that is all I have used them for but they have not questioned anything.

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
Nanaeve

Default Best Extended Warranty?

We did alot of research and decided the most inclusive extended warranty we could buy was from Protective, Xtra Ride, Platinum coverage, with optional tire and wheel coverage also. We were told it's the only extended warranty that is exclusively endorced by RVDA. It covers towing and road service, service calls up to $100, rental $75/day & lodging and food $200/day during breakdown for up to 8 days , food spoilage, fuel and LP gas reinbursement $100, 24/7 concierge service with RV technical assistance service, and has 24/7 claim assistance. It cost $4,600 for 7 years or 100,000 miles, with $100 deductible, and was more inclusive than Good Sams Extended Warranty and less expensive. Both Camping World and the J & L RV Repair said they are a good company, and they pay well, but does anyone else have this warranty and have experience with them?