Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-29-2009, 08:50 PM   #1
cbostak

Default New RVer about to pick up Gulfbreeze 23 ft

Hi All,
I was excited to find this site as a new owner of a Gulfbreeze TT. I am about to pick the unit up at the Dealership later this week. They provided one walkthru already (i.e. blackwater, greywater tanks and use, outside propane tanks, awning, interior lights, bleeding the gas prior to travelling, use of appliances, rear queen slide). Can you all think of anything that I should check? Again, I am new to the RV world and this is my family's first RV. We are planning our first short adventure this weekend.

It is still at the dealership as they want to place swaybars, brake regulator on my 2003 Ford Explorer V6 4.0 L XLT.

Thanks for your feedback!!!!! Chad
cbostak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:06 AM   #2
DAF

Congratulations, Chad! Welcome to the world of RVing! It looks like your dealer is doing a thorough job in explaining most of the stuff you need to know. Before your first trip, I can only emphasize safety! Check and double check your hitch coupling and familiarize yourself with the operation/feel of the brakes. Also make sure yor TT tires are inflated to the maximum recommended on the sidewall (probably 50psi). Rvers are a very friendly bunch and you will find that most will offer to help with answers to your questions in campgrounds and forums like this. Where are you headed this weekend? My favorite spot in St. Pete is Ft. Desoto campground.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
cbostak

Thanks for the reply and advice! We are headed to Alafia State Park. I love to mountain bike. Plus it is close to home for the first trip. They have water and elect. hookup, so I'll have to learn the dumping of gray / black water. I was told to make sure the hose is hooked up first! Then release black and then gray into the dump station. We are a little nervous but excited.

We scheduled our Ft. Desoto visit for Sept! They book up fast!

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:28 PM   #4
nc_camper

Send a message via AIM to nc_camper

Don't forget your white hose and regulator for your water! Good Luck. As time goes by you will learn more and more. We all started as newbies!
Old 08-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
wsearfoss

Check for water damage in the 2006. Read the hall of shame on this forum.
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear
wsearfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #6
cbostak

Oh boy. Well, now I am freaking out. I did notice that the roofline was not sealed very well and the dealer took care of it. Where in the forum is this located...I looked under the hall of shame. Could you provide me with details of the problem areas? I would appreciate it. So far we have been on two excursions. The first a nightmare. The rear slide didn't work, the jack broke and no one told me those tanks filled up so fast . Thankfully the RV community is nice enough to let me borrow one of their portable tanks to dump the black/gray water. The second trip went great except for the fact that my V6 Explorer OVERHEATS! I was told by the dealer that it would haul....it runs fine without the trailer. Now I am in the market for a truck. Didn't expect to pay this much to get started in the RV world.....Its already costing me But it is worth it.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
wsearfoss

viewtopic.php?t=97

First I wish to apologize, I didn?t know you had already brought it home or I would not have posted anything. I do not want to spoil anyone?s ?New RV Thrill?

I assume you are talking about a 23TRS. I have a 2007 Gulf Stream Gulf Breeze 23TRS I like it very much. I looked at a 2006 and a 2007 my wife picked up the back mattress of the 2006 and found water marks so we bough the 2007 that appeared excellent. I only read about the water problems with the 2006 after I bought the 2007 and I probably would have been scared to buy the 2007 had I know the issues with the 06. But so far no problems so I believe I made the right choice. Go to the dealer with the rear slide issue and any other problem. Gulf Stream should be able to tell the dealer by now how to fix anything.

You posted that you tow with a V6 Explorer, you may be really under powered, Gulf Stream Gulf Breeze 23TRS dry weight is 4200lbs and GVWR goes over 7k I tow with a 5.7 hemi and had to check the towing capacity of my 355 gear ratio before I wrote the check.

Yes the tanks seem to fill up quickly.

On a positive note: The floor plan is wonderful and being compact at 23 feet makes baking into sites at state parks easier that a longer rig.

Good Luck and enjoy RVing
4X2 5.7 hemi 3.55 rear
wsearfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
cbostak

Thanks for the information. I do appreciate it. We really do love the trailer. The girls sleep SO good. For a 1 and a 3 year old they sleep until about 9:30!!!!!! Mom and Dad finally get some sleep. I will check the rear slide under the mattress for possible water damage. The dealer has been pretty good about fixing things and footing the bill to get us started. We did buy a warranty with our trailer, so hopefully things will get covered if they go wrong.