Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-06-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Bill Reetz

Default Dewald Hydraulic System 03 Yellowstone DP

I've been having problems with the hydraulic system especially when raising jacks now retracting the main slide. Works for a while then stops. Dewald says there's a thermal overload protection on the pump that shuts down when hot. When it only pushes the main slide out half way and stops something is not right. Doesn't feel hot. Same on the jacks. Longview Tampa changed the hydraulic fluid said all was ok, when I tried it today same as before. They're now going to test it some more looking for a possible overheating relay in the system?

I've owned this coach since new in 03 and the stoping problem started about a year ago then it was just when I retracted the jacks especially if I'd just pulled in the slides. So I would pull in the slides do something else and go back to the jacks - retract 2/3 or so and system stops for 5 minutes or so, kicks back in and finishes retracting. The slide thing just started last month.