Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #1
ghamblen

Default Monitor Panel

We recently downsized to a 2006 Gulfstream Ultra Limited Edition class C. The lights on the monitor panel for the holding tanks don't seem to work very well, especially the gray tank (always full). Does anyone know which manufacturer makes this panel? I am after the wiring diagram for the monitor panel so I can rewire it for use with a SeeLevel II 709-PH tank monitor system. I would like to remove the current tank sensor lights and install the SeeLevel II panel in this space. The space requirements are almost an exact match. Thank in advance for any ideas or suggestions.
ghamblen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:07 PM   #2
ghamblen

Default Update of monitor panel

UPDATE!!! I just finished installing the SeeLevel-II 709 system in the motorhome with one monitor in the side of the bathroom cabinet and a second monitor in the wet bay. The system works as advertised at both monitors showing battery voltage, fresh water level, black tank level, gray tank level and LPG level as a percentage between 0 and 100. The original monitor shows the battery level as full, the fresh water level at 1/3, black tank level at 2/3, the gray tank level as full and the LPG as full. The new SeeLevel-II monitors show the battery voltage at 13.2 VDC, the fresh water tank at 55%, the black tank level at 17%, the gray tank level at 35% and LPG at 72%. With one monitor in the wet bay it is easy to see what is happening as you dump and fill the tanks. Very nice system. Worth the money.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
GStream40
Site Team

Were you able to use the original wiring or did you have to install new?

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
dsomonster

Yes, I would like to know if you had to rewire the new monitoring system. Where did you get it and how much if you do not mind.

Thanks,
Ron in SoCal.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
ghamblen

I decided to leave the original monitor panel in stock condition. I mounted one of the new monitor panels in the wet bay and the second one in the side wall of a cabinet in the bathroom. I used 5 conductor low voltage cable to wire everything together. Two wires are used for power, two wires for the new sensors and the fifth wire for the LPG connection. The new monitor panels draw approximately 200 mA each so I wired a 1 amp fast blow fuse in series with the power connection. I temporarily taped the new sensors to the tanks and wired everything together temporarily to see if it worked. All was well. I used acetone to clean the external areas of the tanks before mounting the new sensors permanently. I tapped into the wet bay light for power and was able to run the cable from the wet bay up under the commode in the bathroom, up alongside the water heater and into the bathroom cabinet. It was fairly easy since there is a large access panel to the area under the commode. Everything works as advertised and I am quite happy with the system. With the second monitor mounted in the wet bay I don't have to keep running inside to see what is happening to the tanks when I am emptying and filling them. I ordered the system from www.rvupgrades.com. The basic See Level II 709 system was right at $200 and the extra monitor was $100. The 709 system is strictly a monitor and does not have any switches for the water pump, water heater, etc. It took me approximately six hours to install the system. Since the original monitor panel from Gulfstream was worthless for monitoring the tank levels I am now a happy camper.