Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 04:54 AM   #1
Jim and di

Default Bedroom TV Help??

I have a 2005 Sun Voyager with the Sony DVD/VCR cable, sat. and antenna for TV. When I purchased the RV it did not have a TV in the bedroom, we are going full time in June and I got 22" flat screen TV for the bedroom. I cannot get a TV picture, I can play a DVD but Sony on or off I get snow. Anybody know what is up with that. If I disconnect the coax while getting a picture from the DVD the screen goes to snow so I have a good connection from the Sony to the TV
Help,
Jim
Jim and di is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
larrybell

Is the bedroom TV controlled by an input selector box? My bedroom TV input is controlled by a box in a cabinet by the front TV.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Jim and di

That could be and also be the problem. Wonder how I trouble shoot the box?
Jim
Old 05-18-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
larrybell

I am a little late with a reply. My selector box has outputs for both TVs. An antenna and auxiliary connnection for each set. I would see which button worked on the front TV and try that selection for the rear TV.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:25 AM   #5
Jim and di

I do have a selector box, It has three SELECTIONS, sat, dvd, vcr for three tv's If i have a tv show on the front tv I can do anything with the switches and nothing happens, In fact I can unplug it and nothing happens or does it give a picture or sound to the bedroom tv. Any advice?
JIM
Old 05-21-2010, 04:58 AM   #6
Jim and di

Does anybody know why to troubleshoot the AV system?
Jim
Old 05-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #7
Curt Krueger

Default Bedroom TV

jim and di

Ihave a 2005 Crescendo and I just recently replaced the tv in the back with a flat screen. When I first set it up I had the same problem you had and looked and looked for the problem. What I found was that my tv was not on the proper input on the tv. I assume you have a coax input plus the red,yellow and white cable set for your A V in. Make sure your tv is set to the proper composite input. Mine is on AV1. On your selector box you should have av inputs on the back plugged in. If those are not there the box will not work.

I hope this helps,

Curt
Old 05-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #8
Jim and di

Curt,
AV1 on the TV or the Black box selector with the three selections Sat, DvD, VCR?
Jim
Old 05-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #9
Curt Krueger

Default Bedroom TV

Jim,
The AV1 output I refer to is on the back of your TV. On the back of the selector box there should be inputs which are the red, white and yellow cables. If those are not there I am not sure how your system is set up. If you would like to email me direct the email is

[email protected]

Curt
Old 05-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #10
RJ82much

Jim & Di,

It's been a season since I played with the TV's in our coach, but I thought you just needed to make sure the "red light" was on on the antenna amplifier mounted in the A/V cabinet wall.

There is a splitter hidden somewhere in a wall that directs the amplified signal to both TV's. I asked the floor supervisors on a tour of the factory just where the splitter is located, but they didn't know!!!! Someone knows, just not the supervisors or engineers that I met.

Anyway, I don't think you need the 3x3 input/output switch box turned on, but you do need the antenna amplifier on. Then set the TV input source to "antenna".

Also, the amplifier has a spare visible output. That is for still another set. You don't need anything plugged into it, All the connections are (or should be) already made behind the wall.

Try it and let the group know what you find.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #11
Jim and di

Well, we have our Moho where we will live until Thanksgiving. As we will full time until then I was hoping to get this bedroom TV up and running. I hooked the system to the park cable system. Well the bedroom TV works as expected on cable, still nothing on antenna. I now believe the splitter is on the wrong place.

Any thoughts anyone.
Jim