Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
Journey

Default Changing light bulb in the exterior grab bar at entry door

Our 2007 SunVoyager Deisel has an exterior grab bar at the entry door that lights up when the exterior light and door step lights are turned on. Problem is, that the bulb is burned out. It glowed dim the other night and went dark. Anyone know how to change the bulb in that glass looking grab bar? It has the Gulf Stream Logo on it that lights up.
Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
T274

Our Crescendo also has a lighted grab bar, which needed two broken screws replaced. In order to do so we had to remove the entire unit. If yours is constructed like our handle, the source electric is in the upper bracket. By removing the screws from both brackets, and applying some force, the brackets can be separated from the "fiber optic" bar. The "bulb" is in the upper bracket. New screws are advised. New sealant behind the brackets will be required. Time consuming, but not high tech. We had some screws breakoff, requiring additional work. Also be careful when replacing the upper bracket screws, so as not to disturb the wiring
t274
Old 08-03-2007, 11:17 PM   #3
darbyjudy

Default Replacing bulb

I have a 2004 Gulfstream Sunvoyager and I replaced the bulb assy in the grabhandle. It is not just a simple bulb, it is a bulb assy. I found it only avaible at the manufacture of the grabrail. I will see if I can find the source again.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
RJ82much

Journey,

I emailed you the data from ITC corporation:

Where to purchase lamp assy;
how to contact them;
how to change the assy

Anyone else need it, email me so I can provide it by return

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #5
Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ82much
Journey,

I emailed you the data from ITC corporation:

Where to purchase lamp assy;
how to contact them;
how to change the assy

Anyone else need it, email me so I can provide it by return

Yes you did ... Thank You, Thank You, Thank You
Pull ... Push ... Pull ... Push ... Connect

Just what I needed .... much appreciated !
Old 08-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
Journey

Okay ... the instructions sent by RJ82much were extremely helpfull and I thank you, again. Since the coach is under warranty and I had to take it in for other minor warranty items anyhow, I decided to let the dealer handle this light bulb failure problem. They did take care of it, buy saying that light bulbs are warrantied for 90 days from date of purchase. Okay, I can understand that and since I have owned the coach for 5 months they replaced what they called a simple LCD light bulb, not an assembly light component. They charged me $15 dollars, .99 cents for the LCD bulb and the rest for labor. I can live with that. When I picked up the coach, I foolishly did not check that the light in fact worked. That night I turned on the exterior lights and of course the handle did not work. Well, I remedied the problem by calling the dealer Monday, and they said they would add a comment to the workorder and to bring it back in. Just what I wanted to hear ... NOT !

Last Thursday, I received a call from a local dealer on a coach that we really wanted to begin with, but couldn't make a deal on to own at the time. Short version is that we have committed to trade the 2007 Gulfstream in for a Tiffin, Phaeton 40QSH LOADED. Sat Dish, Washer/Dryer, Diesel Pusher, Air Suspension, the real thing as compared to our FRED. We take delivery Labor Day weekend and can't wait. Actually, the deal was so good, we put a deposit on it last Thursday and we're going to see it for the first time tomorrow. If the pictures are half as good as the real thing, we are owners.

We also subscribe to the Fleetwood and Monaco Forum and hope that our membership here will continue after the transfer of title to SOB (Some Other Brand). Funny how things happen ... changing with a phone call or email ... or service experience.

Thanks for all your help, input and suggestions.

Ron
Old 08-25-2007, 12:52 AM   #7
RJ82much

Ron,

Please continue your membership here after you've gone to S.O.B. I also belong to other brand's forums. They use many of the same components as Gulf Stream, have essentially identical systems, in the same places.... why not hear what those owners have to say? And often, other brands have decent documentation & component links. Ever wonder where or how I get so much information?

So to anyone,,, even if you change brands, if you're interested in our topics, please continue, feel free to participate. You don't need a bill of sale or title to or for a GS to be here.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:28 AM   #8
earljan34

Ron. I also hope you will stay a member we need all the info we can get on the components of these things most all brands use the same ones like Bob said.
Let us know how you like the new unit!!! And Good Luck With Your Choice

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #9
Retird2Golf

Send a message via MSN to Retird2Golf

Well , son-of a gun, all you have to do is attend the June Gulf Stream back home rally and they will install a new handle for $0.00.

One of the free fixes they will do !

Best regards, Clyde
Old 09-07-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
Journey

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement to remain a member here. I will of course remain a member in good standing.

Thanks and I'm sure that you are right. Gulfstream would undoubtedly replace the light bulb at a Rally. As it turned out the dealer thought I wanted the exterior porch light bulb replaced. So they charged me $15 to replace a .99 bulb that would have taken me all of 30 seconds to do myself. When I took the coach back in for warranty work, they said that they never checked the handle bulb. Upon doing so, they found a burned out LED bulb that shorted out due to water leakage. After seeing how easy it was to do it myself (after seeing the tech do it), I said to order the part and I would replace it myself when it came in.

Those fiber optic strands in the handle are powered by a single LED bulb. Amazing ... and the replacement is easy. Without the water seal leak, the bulb would normally last 50,000 hours or so.