Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #1
wilsonballew

Default Leaky Shower

Well, I took the coach down and had the tires rebalanced. This seems to have improved the ride, although not until we got on some better highways did I begin to feel better about the purchase. Unfortunately, we have some terrible interstate highways in Western Washington, and the Conquest pointed out the true condition of our roads; our weekend trip to Eastern Washington and better roads allowed me to get a much better feel for the coach.

After a complete shakedown, two problems found - one major and one minor. The major problem: After using the shower, water was seeping from both the outside shower area, as well as from under a cabinet next to the refrigerator (which is behind the shower), where the power inverter is located. Since the amount of water leaking is not small, and I don't see any obvious cracks or uncaulked seams, I'm going to assume the drain is probably leaking; oh well, back to the dealership for repair. The other problem is one of the surround sound speakers does not work (all wiring looks connected).

If anyone else has had a problem with a leaky shower on a model Conquest W6296 any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
wilsonballew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
mfa

Here is one possibility

Another possibility is the seams where two panels come together down around ankle level inside the shower. If you lean against the upper panel, you can generate a gap that water leaks through. I applied clear silicon caulking along the seam.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote