Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-07-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
xjcrawler

Default Looking to buy Travel Trailer/Need advice

Wanting to move up from a small popup, first thought of a bigger popup and then thought of a hybrid and now realized might as well just get a full on TT. Was hoping to get some suggestions on model that would work for us. A little info..... there are 3 of us most of the time (me,wife,son also have stepson14 but he doesn't care for camping so he will be at his dad's most of the time. Looking for something used in the 25-27 foot range with a slide. We live in Georgia where summers are hot, so good functioning a/c will be a must, do certain models come with ducted vents? Are there certain years/models to stay away from? We have a 2006 Chevrolet 2500 with a Duramax so towing shouldn't be a problem with this size camper. Thanks
xjcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
KristinU

Default Re: Looking to buy Travel Trailer/Need advice

You sound a lot like us! We're a family of 3, and our son is 7.5 (but no step children that I know of ) We had a small hard-side A frame pop up that fit us well for a while and we started thinking about a bigger model, then thinking of a hybrid, then something with a rear bed slide like an Outback, then just finally decided to go for a Travel Trailer. We decided not to go for slides, though. One of our big requirements was bunk beds for DS and a friend if he brings one along, so we decided on the GS Visa 23BHD. The 23BHD has some of the biggest bunks out there, so he's definitely not squished. We had adult friends join us about a month ago (no kids weekend), and they fit fine in the bunks as well.

So, I'm not sure if you're interested in bunks or not...if so, then our model wouldn't have your slide that you're after, but it is a nice fit for a family of 3 or 4. The A/C has worked very well the times we've used it, and the heat and air are ducted in the Visas.

2012 Visa 23BHD
2007 Toyota Tundra
My camping party: Me ('71), DH ('70), DS ('04), DK9 ('11)
https://www.visaadventures.blogspot.com
https://www.visacampers.proboards.com
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #3
YellowXterra

Default Re: Looking to buy Travel Trailer/Need advice

Buy your second camper first. I know this sounds crazy but its a very true statement.
YellowXterra is offline   Reply With Quote