Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
atberger1

Default Kelderman Suspension

I am having the Kelderman two bag suspension system installed on my Supernova 6400 today. It will be a manual fill system. The system cost $1700 and $150 to ship. The install price should be no more than $1000. We are off to Yellowstone from NJ in two weeks so I sure hope it helps with the ride. I drove in the back of the RV last weekend after finally convincing my wife to get behind the wheel. I was amazed at how much bounce there is in the back. It was good to experience this prior to the install so I will have something to compare the new ride to. I will keep everyone posted with the outcome.

Tom
Old 07-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
LabCab

Default Re: Kelderman Suspension

Tom: I'd be very interested in how you make out with the system. The cost seems a bit more reasonable than the other system folks have been talk about. 9K is a bit steep. Keep us posted.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
Georunner

The 6400 really needs this type of suspension. However, if you have the 6331, shocks make a world of difference.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
LabCab

Any opinions on what would be best for a 6362?
Old 07-10-2011, 06:45 AM   #5
Georunner

I don't think there is any doubt that air suspension is the way to go, if the budget allows. I can't remember who said this a couple of years ago, but putting shocks on makes the rear ride like the center did, and the center area becomes livable. One of the first Super Nova owners here in Colorado had an International Dealer replace the entire rear suspension with factory air, now that was THE way to go, but in 2008 cost $15,000.
Georunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
atberger1

I picked up the motor home yesterday and could immediately feel the difference in the ride when pulling out on the road. The Kelderman system has removed almost all of the small bumps felt when driving. You still feel the bumps in the front end (I may upgrade the front shocks later) but the back end feels much smoother. I no longer feel every crack in the road in the back. While you do still feel bumps they are not at all jarring and the back end settles down much more quickly. My wife road mid coach and says she can sit and read which was previously way to bumpy to do. I took it out on the highway and there was no porpoising any longer. I will experiment running different air pressure in the system which I will fill/release manually. Right now it is set at 65 lbs and feels pretty good. We are starting are trip to Yellowstone next Friday so I will be putting it through the paces on all types of road. So far the total $3K price seems worth it.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
atberger1

I completed a round trip to Yellowstone from NJ driving over 4800 miles. I was very pleased with the ride with the new Kelderman rear air suspension system. I am convinced that had I not had this system, I would have suffered damage of some sort given the conditions of some of the roads we traveled on. The ride was much more enjoyable without all the severe bumps and jostling around. This system definitely settled the back end down and I could not imagine making such a long trip without it.

As a cheaper alternative to the ACE system, I would highly recommend it. My cost was:

SUSPENSION SYSTEM $1700
SHIPPING $155
INSTALLATION $750

The trip to Yellowstone was phenomenal and my kids (4) were impressed with seeing so much of the country.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #8
LabCab

Great to here your trip went well and the Coach handled the roads so well. Can you back channel me regarding the particulars of the setup? Thanks