Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
frecklestravel

Default GS yellowstone Model6331 water leak problem

Water Pipe Connection against the wall on the floor behind the shower has a double joint with clamp type fittings and is also behind the heater duct pipe and leaks. this has caused a monumental problem as we just found out it is going to cost over 10,000 dollars to tear up the linoleum from the bedroom to the kitchen area as well into the bathroom. Has anyone who owns a coach like mine had any problems . It is also near the sliding door that separates the bedroom from the living area. When the door is closed into it's "home between the wall it hits on the pipe and the water connection. This I feel is a factory defect and the connections should have been in a better place. We found out the floor is rotted and mold and mildew have taken over and the floor needs replacing. All the applicances on the kitchen side have to be removed and cabinetr also, plus the toilet, vanity, etc. When the dealer finally took out the shower assembly and not the base, they just fixed the connection but never checked the floor under the base. Extended Warranty that I have will not cover the water leak but it did cover just fixing the pipes. There is something wrong with that. Now I have a worse problem. We noticed a soft spot on the floor just this past month and felt we need to have it checked out and this is what we found out about the floor that is damaged. WE are seniors and cannot afford to purchase another unit. Everything on this unit is fine and the RV travels well and has many good options but truly disappointed about this expense we have to incur
Has anyone else incurred this type of problem. Motorhome is in the shop and ready to be worked on. 90 hours of estimated time for repair.
Presently drafting a letter to Gulf Stream for some help and would some input.
[/b]
frecklestravel is offline   Reply With Quote