Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #1
petalmom

Default 2006 Gulfstream Cavalier A/C Not Working...HELP!

Ok, my husband and I just purchased a very well maintained 2006 Gulfstream Cavalier Travel Trailer. Everything is in GREAT working order but when I turned on the A/C the other day, it vibrates terribly and no cool air is coming out of the vents. My husband, of course, is in Brazil right now and won't be home for another month! I am by myself trying to figure out what is going on. I need a starting place....any ideas? Thanks for any assistance you can give me!!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
natemoore

Hey! We just purchased a sweet 2006 FEMA GS Cavalier for an incredible price. I've got some issues too, but my A/C works fine.

I had an A/C problem with my pop-up camper which has the same type of A/C. It vibrated badly then one day wouldn't run, only hummed.

I took the cover off the A/C to take a look-see. Turned out that the plastic fan was warped, causing the vibration, and it had actually come in contact with the housing which prevented it from starting this last time. I manually spun the fan and it started, but made a racket and vibrated. I trimmed off some of the blade to keep it from hitting the blade housing, but this made the vibes even worse. Cools well, though.

You can remove the cover easily with a phillips screwdriver. Just look inside and see what's going on. If the fan is spinning, then the compressor may be bad, or it just needs a charge of coolant.