Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 04-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
mailmann

Default 2006 6340 Gulf Stream Endura --- Slide/Jacks questions ?

We bought this about a month ago and it's still too cold too take it out and test it. But, I've been going over the books on it and there's nothing on the Slides or the Jacks . I called Gulf Stream and they said they would send me all the info. they have on them. That's been three weeks and haven't got anything. Doe's anybody know who the Manufacter is? I figure I can go to there website or call them. I'm trying to figure out how to put them in manually in case I have trouble with them.

Thanks
Mike
Old 04-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Texas TC

If they are like the SuperNova, they are Power Gear. I got my manual from their website.

http://www.powergearus.com/

2011 Silverado 4x4 Texas Edition Extended Cab (Toad)
Texas TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
mfa

If they are like the 2006 Ultra Super-C, they are Equalizer Systems...
http://www.equalizersystems.com/index.asp
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
mailmann

Thanks you guys, these two posts should take care of it.
Mike
Old 05-17-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
amman1725

Default Slides

Just a quick note; If your slides start acting flakey it might be the electrical ground; the system is grounded through the mounting bolts for the hydraulic pump; ours came loose a year ago on our 06 Endura and no-one could figure it out till our mechanic bumped into the pump and hey this thing is loose; tightened up the bolts and the slides have worked great ever since!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
mfa

Default Re: Slides

Quote:
Originally Posted by amman1725
Just a quick note; If your slides start acting flakey it might be the electrical ground; the system is grounded through the mounting bolts for the hydraulic pump; ours came loose a year ago on our 06 Endura and no-one could figure it out till our mechanic bumped into the pump and hey this thing is loose; tightened up the bolts and the slides have worked great ever since!
When we are not actively using it, I try to take our MH out of storage every 2-3 weeks and "exercise" it for a bit. Open the slide, run the genset, run the AC, drive ten miles or so, etc. A couple of months ago I did that and the slide would not open. Wouldn't even try to. I didn't have time to work on it that day, so I took it back to storage. The next week I picked it up to work on it and the slide worked perfectly. It's worked every time since then, too. All I can guess is that it was some kind of grounding problem, perhaps as you have noted. I did look at it at the time and noted that some of the wiring was very tight. I did my best to put some slack into it...
Old 10-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
Swanee

Send a message via Yahoo to Swanee
Default Slide Jacks

I'm Having trouble with my 6340 as well. Initially the slide would not retract with human interferance (pull like Hell-o) and it would finally retract.
Took it by Camping world, they lubricated the slides worked like a champ. BUT Now it seems like it's about to fall out on the ground. Let me know if GS sends info that in itself would be noteable.

Mike
Swanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #8
mailmann

It has the Equalizer System, I had too have all the o-rings replaced, it was leaking like a siv. They're working ok now but, they make a lot of noise going in and out.
http://www.equalizersystems.com/index.asp

Mike
Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 PM   #9

Default Manual operation of slides and jacks

DELETED
Old 11-02-2008, 07:00 AM   #10
mfa

Default Re: Slides

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfa
When we are not actively using it, I try to take our MH out of storage every 2-3 weeks and "exercise" it for a bit. Open the slide, run the genset, run the AC, drive ten miles or so, etc. A couple of months ago I did that and the slide would not open. Wouldn't even try to. I didn't have time to work on it that day, so I took it back to storage. The next week I picked it up to work on it and the slide worked perfectly. It's worked every time since then, too. All I can guess is that it was some kind of grounding problem, perhaps as you have noted. I did look at it at the time and noted that some of the wiring was very tight. I did my best to put some slack into it...
I found out the cause of this last week when it happened again. It turns out there is an interlock with the parking foot brake and the slide will not operate if the parking brake is not set.
Old 04-29-2020, 09:53 AM   #11
mhogge

Old thread but hoping to get some help? I have an 05 Gulfstream Sunoyager with an Equalizer system and trying to figure out hoe to operate it manually? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mhogge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 03:45 PM   #12
Mike1931

We have a 2004 Endura Gulf Stream.
The manual power button lights up, but nothing
works. When I press any of the leveling buttons, nothing happens.
No motor noises and nothing happens.
Anyone have a clue! Of what to look for. The equalizer
Control panel is now obsolete.
Help!!!!
Mike1931 is offline   Reply With Quote