Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-11-2022, 01:00 AM   #1
[email protected]

Default Drain plug??

I have a 24 foot 2002 Gulf Stream Conquest. I've owned it 4 years now and still can't find the drain for the potable freshwater tank. I can't even find the water tank! Can any gulf stream owner advise where the drain is?
bcoyle@telus.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:53 PM   #2
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Well, first off, not looking hard enough, cause you quit before you found em, LOL Tank (and WATER PUMP) usually very close to wherever you connect city-water hose. I AM assuming CONQUEST TRAILER vs CLASS-C? Some floor plans put the tank/ pump, drains under BED? LOW POINT DRAINS on GS are often a BLACK T-HANDLE, pull up to open drain, should be x3 (Hot, Cold, and FW Tank); also LEARN HOW TO PROPERLY WINTERIZE NOW AND DE-WINTERIZE AND SANITIZE come SPRING? You may have green ALGAE growing now, potential to clog pump, strainer (if equipped) and make one sick if drinking, but proper sanitizing can CURE all that. TIP: TAKE PICTURES OF ANYTHING YOU QUESTION. GOOD LUCK
Old 10-16-2022, 02:58 PM   #3
THenne1713

ALTERNATE is to lay down and LOOK at bottom of trailer for the x3 pieces of 1/2" PEX tubing sticking down from the drains? (Some brands) trailers use CAPS without valves, but pretty sure GS uses valves, even on trailers?
Old 10-16-2022, 04:02 PM   #4
[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by THenne1713 View Post
Well, first off, not looking hard enough, cause you quit before you found em, LOL Tank (and WATER PUMP) usually very close to wherever you connect city-water hose. I AM assuming CONQUEST TRAILER vs CLASS-C? Some floor plans put the tank/ pump, drains under BED? LOW POINT DRAINS on GS are often a BLACK T-HANDLE, pull up to open drain, should be x3 (Hot, Cold, and FW Tank); also LEARN HOW TO PROPERLY WINTERIZE NOW AND DE-WINTERIZE AND SANITIZE come SPRING? You may have green ALGAE growing now, potential to clog pump, strainer (if equipped) and make one sick if drinking, but proper sanitizing can CURE all that. TIP: TAKE PICTURES OF ANYTHING YOU QUESTION. GOOD LUCK
Thanks. I noted the three lines but they didn't seem to do anything. I've winterized my RV the hard way by pumping air through the system. I have been emptying the FW tank by running it dry and blowing air into the system. I've super-chlorinated the tank but generally only use that water for utilities.
Old 10-16-2022, 04:34 PM   #5
THenne1713

Many owners have written that they "found the three black handles, but turning did nothing", because you have to PULL THEM UP, like the waste valves. Do you have black or white handled valves? or No valves? Some, you have to crawl under and remove threaded pipe caps, but suspect GS didn't do that? Those black handles also have a SS clip, can remove and clean, lube or repair valves with new O-rings. Good Luck.

CAUTION: ALSO, Beware pressurizing FW TANK, many will split wide open if pressurized, whether air or water pressure.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:04 PM   #6
[email protected]

Thanks everone. Found the three lines - 2 clear and one red. I spent a lot of time under the RV and it was right in the sewage compartment.