Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
Max49

Default Replacement Furnace/AC Thermostat

I have a new 2018 Conquest 6238 CL C. It has the Dometic digital, touch to change, modes furnace, AC, high, low,and auto fan speed.
I do not like it at all. Eventually, I get the furnace turned on, and the AC fans start running, go to try to turn them on "auto" so supposively they wont run, but you have to go thru all the modes and usually I end up turning the furnace off because it come before the fan speed setting.
I guess I just would like to Kiss, keep it simple with a regular thermostat.
Also mine does'nt like to respond to touch like it is supposed to , especially in cold conditions.
Has any one else had trouble with this T Stat https://www.amazon.com/Dometic-33162...GXGG92H98HFT6C
It's new and still under warranty, but I'd like to replace it with a regular one. Can I use an analog one without having to change a circuit board?
Max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
McKannick

Being under warranty, perhaps the dealer could do something for you to resolve the problem. But, I suspect that going 'old fashioned' on it may compromise your warranty on the whole AC system because of changing a component to something the manufacturer didn't install. Keep on it with the warranty until that's gone, then you can switch if it still messes up.
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote