Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-14-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
darla

Default slide seals

anyone having troubles with them not sliding and tearing
darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Kate P

Default Re: slide seals

I am not sure exactly what you are referring to and I don't know what kind of coach you have. But, we have always and continue to have problems with the seals at the top of the slide that seals when the slide is out. We have gone as far as having a service center fabricate a new piece of metal and attach a new gasket and it continues to pull loose. We are now considering screwing the darn gasket into the top of the slide.

You have gotten a lot of looks on your question but no answers. I would recommend you add a little more specifics on your problem and also post your question in the category of the type of coach that you have and you may get more help. The Gulf Streamers on this site are great and I have gotten some excellent ideas and suggestions.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
centurion95

My '01 Friendship has the same issue. Mainly with the lower seals. There is also daylight coming in from the lower corners. I have just replaced the seal for the bedroom and closed up the holes. Next up is the livingroom slide.
Old 01-27-2016, 09:30 PM   #4
Frutza

Well just got my rear slide seals replaced. Always had water problem with that slide out, in a heavy rain. You could see the seals on the sides were torn, but until I took pictures for the repair shop, I didn't see that there was day light thru the top gasket, not torn, apparently never touched. Now, not being the original owner, it's on me. But, took it to Terrys Rv in Frankfort Ill and they replaced all, in side outside top bottom sides and tested it. They did a good job