Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 09-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
RJ82much

Default Deleted posts

In case you've wondered why the occasional "DELETED" post appear under various topics, we are getting occasional spams pushing sales of illegal cell phones. The poster joins using throw-away email accounts & posts his message.

I've grown weary of attempting to negotiate with these persons, only to be ignored anyway, so now I merely remove their account & posts. They are NOT Gulf Stream owners, let alone RVers. Yes, we have an "items for sale" category, but cannot be party to openly illegal merchandise.

I just though I should let you know what's going on.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
leila

I see, I did wonder about that. Anyway I'm very much concerned with this new policy of yours. You see, I'm not an RV owner but I really love reading travel stories of people who are fortunate enough to get to travel the way you do so I gather info and great recommendations of must see places that are not written in travel brochures... will my account be deleted then?
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
RJ82much

Leila,

Only if you try to sell illegal merchandise.

...and seriously, we welcome any & all members. There are no "Gulf Stream Owner" police. Anyone is welcome who is interested in what our members have to say, or want to share their own thoughts & experiences.

Hopefully, I wasn't out of place for not tolerating advertising of "unlocked mobile phones" for sale at bargain prices. In the past I have attempted to communicate with spammers via pm's & email, to ask them to refrain from this type of non-RV related advertising. The effort only resulted in no response, additional in-your-face spam, and never any meaningful (if any) participation. If there is a serious objection to my enforcement policy, I'd suggest that a private message to our forum owner, GSadmin would be appropriate.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
Timothy

Bob, all I can say is keep up the good work. I don't come to this forum to read spam.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
03heritagerider

Leila,

We welcome you to the site and you have no need for concern. Bob's been around long enough to know the difference between legitimate posters and those using the site for personal gain.

Relax, he's one of the good guys.