Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-25-2018, 06:13 PM   #11
bfrazier
Member
 
bfrazier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 35
Default

That's bad news. The Achilles heel of my 5291 is how it drags in and out of my own driveway... a scar in the pavement for each time.


Tinman, thank you so much for taking the time to let us all know - very good of you!
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:23 PM   #12
Tinman
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 7
Default

Hello B we have matching driveway scars. I also damaged the radius sidewall trim. The piece closest to the generator door
Tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #13
ezdriver
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
Hello B we have matching driveway scars. I also damaged the radius sidewall trim. The piece closest to the generator door

Offtopic for shocks, but regarding the dragging. I have the 5270, 28' BT Cruiser and have the dragging problem. When I replaced the generator which is located near the rear, the new one had the exhaust towards the rear of the generator, and this would have been ripped off eventually, so I installed 4" swivel skid wheels. Mine actually attach to the hitch and are a little more inboard than I would like, but so far, in 4 years, they have done a fine job to keep the frame, hitch and gen exhaust from dragging. They frequently make contact, so I know they are working - and I just go slow.
ezdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:54 AM   #14
bfrazier
Member
 
bfrazier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdriver View Post
Offtopic for shocks, but regarding the dragging. I have the 5270, 28' BT Cruiser and have the dragging problem. When I replaced the generator which is located near the rear, the new one had the exhaust towards the rear of the generator, and this would have been ripped off eventually, so I installed 4" swivel skid wheels. Mine actually attach to the hitch and are a little more inboard than I would like, but so far, in 4 years, they have done a fine job to keep the frame, hitch and gen exhaust from dragging. They frequently make contact, so I know they are working - and I just go slow.
I'd practically pay for a picture of those wheels! Lost my generator tailpipe somewhere in California last week (don't know where!) but I'm headed for Quartzite today or tomorrow - bet they have solutions for the wheels. 2 skid wheels but fits in the hitch huh?
And I drag drag drag (on the hitch) wherever I go, getting used to it!
bfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:33 AM   #15
Restorium
Senior Member
 
Restorium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrazier View Post
I'd practically pay for a picture of those wheels! Lost my generator tailpipe somewhere in California last week (don't know where!) but I'm headed for Quartzite today or tomorrow - bet they have solutions for the wheels. 2 skid wheels but fits in the hitch huh?
And I drag drag drag (on the hitch) wherever I go, getting used to it!


https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Ski...tch_Mount.aspx
__________________
1999 Sunsport with Ford Chassis
Restorium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #16
ezdriver
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrazier View Post
I'd practically pay for a picture of those wheels! Lost my generator tailpipe somewhere in California last week (don't know where!) but I'm headed for Quartzite today or tomorrow - bet they have solutions for the wheels. 2 skid wheels but fits in the hitch huh?
And I drag drag drag (on the hitch) wherever I go, getting used to it!
You can get them at that etrailer link, and also at Camping World. CW may be a little less.

I just tried posting a pic of my skid wheels but I was not successful, so instead, look at the Camping World website, it shows a good pic of them mounted that nearly matches how mine are. Search for Skid Wheel Hitch Mount. Catalog Item # 49076
or
https://www.campingworld.com/skid-wheel-hitch-mount
ezdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rear bumper for bt cruiser 2006 Aidan Class B+ 2 04-28-2013 07:15 AM
2006 GS Sun Voyager rear bedroom heat parksj Class A 5 03-19-2011 06:16 PM
Super C International rear shocks? GregGarner Class C 20 10-08-2009 04:59 PM
2006 6340 Gulf Stream Endura Rear Speaker? mailmann A/V Gear 7 09-01-2009 03:24 PM
Super Nova Rear Shocks galena Class C 1 11-10-2008 12:20 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.