Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 08-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
LazyJ

Default Have SEVERAL questions before buying a 1996 Sun Voyager

I am new to this site and and so glad to find it. I have several questions and hope I am posting to the right place.
This Gulf Stream 1996 Sun Voyager is a one owner with 49,000. It has been garage kept since new. Besides some minor cosmetic issues, the coach drove and sounded good. Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

1) There is an air flow restriction in the A/C duct. There is evidence of mice in the vents and have possible caused the restriction. Do you have to take the roof air off to be able to get to the duct work to clean them out?

2) Does anyone know if the queen size mattress is pretty standard to buy anywhere, or will I have to special order it?

3) Any honest opinions about the Sun Voyager will be appreciated.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
larrybell

Default Sun Voyager

I have a 2002 with a queen size bed, and I believe that the Sun Voyager bed is slightly smaller than a "house" queen. I am a tad over 6ft 1 in, and I don't have any problems.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #3
mfa

You don't say what model it is, but it may be way overpriced for that model year. Checkout the NADA RV Price Guides. "Low retail" with no consideration of options would be a representative private-party sales price.
mfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Bluegrass Quilter

We have a 1993 Gulfstream Sunvoyager,, got it for a lot less than market value as it was my sister's MH.. they bought it new and took good care of it. How do you find out the Model number for it? I have a lot of books for it including the sticker but that pertains to the Chassis..
But I agree with MFA, I feel the price is too high.. without knowing for sure about the 'un-seeables"

1993 Gulfstream Sun Voyager, F53 , 'Master Tow' dolly
Bluegrass Quilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
mikeipm

I found the information for my 1997 sun voyager on a sticker inside the cabinet above the sink. It was glued to the rear wall of the cabinet.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
RayChez1

Default Re: Have SEVERAL questions before buying a 1996 Sun Voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyJ
I am new to this site and and so glad to find it. I have several questions and hope I am posting to the right place.
This Gulf Stream 1996 Sun Voyager is a one owner with 49,000. It has been garage kept since new. Besides some minor cosmetic issues, the coach drove and sounded good. Thanks in advance for any help you may have.

1) There is an air flow restriction in the A/C duct. There is evidence of mice in the vents and have possible caused the restriction. Do you have to take the roof air off to be able to get to the duct work to clean them out?

2) Does anyone know if the queen size mattress is pretty standard to buy anywhere, or will I have to special order it?

3) Any honest opinions about the Sun Voyager will be appreciated.

I don't know where all these posts get what the asking price is of the coach I don't see on the original post anything about price?
But to answer your question about cleaning the ducts. I am not familiar with the Sun Voyagers, but on my Scenic Cruiser I do believe thay you would have to remove the air conditioners to be able to get to the ducts. I have six ducts in the front and two in the rear, so it might be different from what you are trying to buy.
But if the duct is blocked with a mouse nest? I think I would be a little concerned about the whole coach. But I honestly don't think the duct is blocked. If it is a down draft air conditioner, you have to close the luevers so that it will build up pressure for air to come out of the ducts. And even then the air flow is very limited in my opinion.

OH! I almost forgot about the mattress. There are two size of queen size mattresses. Some coaches come with the 80" long mattress and some have the 74" mattress. So if you are a tall person you might want the longer version.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #7
LazyJ

Default thanks

thanks to all of the replies.
We bought the coach. FYI - $8000.00.
Which we thought was very good. Not sure right now what the model # is. It is the Sun Voyager WB.

A little cleaning, and it looks good as new.
We did replace the oven/cooktop, and a few other items, i.e. bathroom faucet, front curtain.

The air problem has been solved. NO MICE.... thank God.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
GStream40
Site Team

"The air problem has been solved. NO MICE.... thank God."

It would be nice if you would share what was wrong since you asked for input in your OP.

Others might be able to use your experience if they have the same problem.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #9
LazyJ

My opinion in my "OP" ---- what was that?? I am lost .

I meant that the problem was solved because there were NO MICE found.
I guess my hubby figured out some buttons or something.
The air is flowing fine now.

Is that what you are referring to?

I was also confused on people saying the price was too high.
$8000.00 ???? Seems great to me.
the 49,000 was the mileage.

Sorry for any confusion.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
RayChez1

I am glad that you resolved the problem with the air flow. What some were referring to by OP which means original post. The price you got the coach for was amazing. You got a better then good deal. Now go out and enjoy that coach. We have had lots of fun with ours and maybe we will see you down the road some where. I am in Las Vegas right now and the wife flew to Miami. We travel all over since we retired. Life is too short to waste it just sitting at home.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
LazyJ

Thanks Ray !!!