Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 07-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
Keys Cruiser

Default Dash AC Sweating

This past week we were traveling in Tennessee and it was 100 degrees plus. When we arrived at our destination, I notice the floor, near the passenger side dash on our 2008 Yellowstone 8390 pusher, was wet from obvious condensation behind the dash.

Has anyone had this problem or know of a reasonable fix??? We live in Florida and I can afford to risk a serious hidden problem...
TOAD: 2007 Mustang Conv.
Islamorada, FL
Keys Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
RayHarkness

Default Re: Dash AC Sweating

mine will do the same thing..I could actually feel some drips on my foot. I think you can purchase some insulated wrap from Home Depot etc. I haven't done it yet..too lazy....just need to insulate the black vent tubing that runs to the ac vents. Those black tubes or hoses are cold..and the inside air gets moisture on them. Anything to simply insulate them would help. Also be careful..you don't put some insulation or wrap on them, that could fall off and interfere with your foot pedals, brakes etc...that could be disastrous. Use some wire ties etc, to make sure they are attached well. Sounds like a job you need to do during cooler weather...and crawl under there and take your time. Beer always helps too......if you know what I mean. r
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
RayChez1

I never have had that problem with our coach Ray, and our coaches are almost identical (except) you have the Cummins engine and I have the Caterpillar. And mine is shorter then yours, but the dash cooling system should be the same and I have never had any condensation inside the coach.
Aventa II Blue Ox
RayChez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #4
RayHarkness

mine just comes from the black plastic hoses..probably 1 and1/2 inch diameter...typical hose used in cars. If its really humid.and that is pumping cold air thru the AC ducts in the front dashboard area, I might get some condenstation or dripping off those hoses..its not a huge problem..but I have seen it...

Florida is pretty damp eh? If i get up out of the state, dryer climate..its really not normally a problem...or I can crank up the top ac units stronger..and dry things out more.

Oh..I also cleaned my roof top ac units..fins, and the squirrel cage blower fans...HUGE DIFFERENCE>>.everybody should do that at least once every few years. I think there will be a huge difference...

Oh..for an update..found the covers or shrouds over the AC units on the roof, had some cracks around screws...they could have come off going down the road. That would not be good...........check those everybody.. Its tricky getting to squirrel cage blowers..but can be done from inside, down below.

Can let anybody know how I did it..but sure everybody has their own methods.
RayHarkness is offline   Reply With Quote