Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #1
cloudbaseracer

Default What Should I Be Concerned About Before Purchasing 2006 Frie

So I am new here and seriously looking to spend a large sum of money on a 2006 8411 G8. This will be our first RV of any type.

I am trying to get the specs but the dealer is a bit fuzzy on those - typical salesman stuff glossing over it or making up stuff that doesn't make sense . I know it has the 400 Cummings and I think the Hydro Hot Heating System.

Are there different models of the Hydro Hot that were installed and were there issues to be aware of? How do I determine the model?

How do I know if the NDR1292IMH or the 1200LRIM Side By Side Refridgerator is working and had any recall work performed? I am not sure which unit is in there. Is the 1200LRIM better since it was an upgrade?

The coach has a space for washer and dryer but they are not there. Were all of the 8411 coaches made and fully plumbed for the W/D unit and I just need to stick one in there?

There is no rear ladder and my search on this forum seems to indicate it was never included. That seems strange to me. Do you guys never go on top of your coach and therefore do not need a ladder?

If we wanted to change the living room sofa for something more ummm... "stylish".... would we have to remove the front windshield to get something else in? What options are there?

And a big question - are the sun room windows and skylights on top of the bay known to have any problems? Should I ask to spray it down heavily with water to see if they leak?

What upgrades do you experienced users consider to be a must have?

Thanks for putting up with all my questions!!!

Cheers,
James
cloudbaseracer is offline   Reply With Quote