Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-01-2019, 09:09 AM   #1
bbybee

Default What are these for ??? Yes very new newbe!

I have played around but just want to make sure. Also when they are on and the RV is off are they draining the battery?

Thanks ahead of time for any help...
Buck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1496.jpg (222.8 KB, 60 views)
Old 05-01-2019, 09:33 AM   #2
Restorium

I don't have the first one, looks like 'tunes' or speakers.

The second one is for the fans near the windshield.

The third one connects the two battery systems together.

The forth one looks like running lights.

The fifth one looks like a horn button.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
bbybee

Thanks Restorium, "Tunes" or radio, I had hope that with the switch on, it took the radio from the engine battery to the house batteries but not sure. (Fear of killing the starting batteries)

And the Horn switch ... have tried the horn both ways - no differences.

But was wondering if they are in the on position and RV is off are they draining the starting batteries? (Again fear of killing them)

Thanks for the help...
Buck
Old 05-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
Restorium

They definitely have a potential to drain the batteries if they are on. Looks like in the picture the only one on is the horn button.
Restorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #5
CoachStreamr

@bbybee Is your third one (with battery label) a momentary button (release the button and it goes back to original position, off)?

I have all those minus the music note button. If I remember correctly, my horn button switches between the Air Horns (two on roof) and the wimpy horns in the very front bay, I think there are two of those. One is for driving lights.

Does anyone have a source for buying those specific looking buttons? Looks like Gulf Stream has been using them for many years.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
CoachStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #6
Chuck v

On my coach the switch with the musical note switches the speaker system from the radio for use on the road to the entertainment system (DVD/TV/Satellite audio) for use when docked...

Chuck

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:06 PM   #7
CoachStreamr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck v View Post
On my coach the switch with the musical note switches the speaker system from the radio for use on the road to the entertainment system (DVD/TV/Satellite audio) for use when docked...
Chuck
I was just in our Coach and saw that one button had the music note. I never noticed, oops

Now I will have to figure out what it's for. The owner (2nd owner since 2004) we purchased the Coach from upgraded that whole system (flat panels, DirecTv Travelr etc) and the dash stereo was upgraded.

1995 36' Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser (Model #8360) on 1995 Spartan EC-2442 Chassis w/Air Ride | Cummins B5.9L 12V 230hp | Allison MD3060 6-Speed WTEC II
Old 05-01-2019, 09:12 PM   #8
CoachStreamr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorium View Post
The forth one looks like running lights.
When you say 'running lights', do you mean the Clearance lights?

I have that same button (two opposing lights) which is always in the down position unless I press it up. Once I let go it goes back to the down position. I really have not paid attention to it so I will see if it allows me to flash the clearance lights

The button next to it has one light w/3 lines and is for the Coach's driving lights (lower than the headlamps).

Old 05-02-2019, 07:54 AM   #9
bbybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
@bbybee Is your third one (with battery label) a momentary button (release the button and it goes back to original position, off)?
Yes it is a momentary button. So Im guessing from the post that if the starting batteries are dead and use the switch to access the house set and get the coach started ....

Thanks everyone for the info!
Buck
Old 05-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #10
Sudsy

On the two switches with the lamp emblems. The momentary switch flashes your runnung lights like the big trucks do when they are being nice to folks. It does not effect the headlights. The other switch which is an on/off switch is for the driving (fog) lights on my unit. Horn switch id for the air horns. If they are there and just not working it's probably the compressor like mine was. They are mainly for fun and just scare the hell out of people.

Sudsy
Old 05-02-2019, 04:35 PM   #11
CoachStreamr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
On the two switches with the lamp emblems. The momentary switch flashes your runnung lights like the big trucks do when they are being nice to folks.
that makes sense. I'll try it at night with headlights off so I can see them flash.. tried that button once but I was the only one around and it was during the day.
EDIT: On second thought, I don't think the clearance lights come on unless the headlights are on so I will have to have someone outside the Coach when I press that button. The last owner had upgraded the rear camera with a wireless higher resolution system and he took power off that rear center clearance light. When we first got the Coach, the rear camera wouldn't work until I figured out that the headlights switch must be on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
The other switch which is an on/off switch is for the driving (fog) lights on my unit. Horn switch id for the air horns.
On our Coach, if I have that button down and press the steering wheel horn, it makes the air horns go off. If the button is up, pressing the steering wheel horn hanks the wimpy horns in the generator bay.

Is that how it works on your Coach?

Old 05-02-2019, 06:58 PM   #12
Sudsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachStreamr View Post
that makes sense. I'll try it at night with headlights off so I can see them flash.. tried that button once but I was the only one around and it was during the day.
EDIT: On second thought, I don't think the clearance lights come on unless the headlights are on so I will have to have someone outside the Coach when I press that button. The last owner had upgraded the rear camera with a wireless higher resolution system and he took power off that rear center clearance light. When we first got the Coach, the rear camera wouldn't work until I figured out that the headlights switch must be on

On our Coach, if I have that button down and press the steering wheel horn, it makes the air horns go off. If the button is up, pressing the steering wheel horn hanks the wimpy horns in the generator bay.

Is that how it works on your Coach?

If you're asking me (Sudsy) then sort of. When I press one side the horn blows normally like a car horn. The other selection blows the air horns and the regular horn. My air horns didn't work when I got the coach and I had to get a new compressor to fill the little reservoir in the forward most bay on the left side. There are a bunch of relays and big breakers and a fuse panel in the compartment too. All DC stuff as far as I know. I needed a new pressure switch too. Work great now. I found a compressor that is used by off road Jeep people. A lot cheaper than the original.

Sudsy
Old 05-02-2019, 07:24 PM   #13
Frutza

The music note switches radio power from coach to chassis
I think others got the rest, fans, battery jump, flash clearance lights-momentary, air horns
Old 05-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #14
bmojmhs

If you are concerned about draining the house batteries, check your fridge manual. I have a Dometic fridge which has heaters in the door. There is a switch in the freezer door frame (the top) that is not visible from the outside. If this is left on when the RV is off, not plugged in, it will kill your house batteries. Not all Dometic fridges have the heater,

I learned the hard way. We left the motorhome unplugged for a several days without turning off the main cutout switches as we had food in the fridge and needed to keep it running. When we got back the house batteries were dead, the fridge had died and the food in the freezer had gone bad. That's when I checked the fridge manual and found the heater switch in the door. Now, I keep it off all the time.
bmojmhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:08 AM   #15
bbybee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmojmhs View Post
If you are concerned about draining the house batteries, check your fridge manual. I have a Dometic fridge which has heaters in the door. There is a switch in the freezer door frame (the top) that is not visible from the outside. If this is left on when the RV is off, not plugged in, it will kill your house batteries. Not all Dometic fridges have the heater.
Thanks I do have that and was wondering about it also. Again thanks!

Buck
Old 05-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #16
Sundancer268

When my Air Horn Compressor died, I just Re-Routed the Air line from the compressor tank which was leaking to the Main Air Tanks for the Suspension Air Bags and Brakes. This has been working great since 2009 when I bought the coach.
Air Force One Brake System
Sundancer268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #17
Capt_Bill_USMC

Which switch is for switching the batts? That might solve my issue.
Capt_Bill_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 10:03 PM   #18
Chuck v

The one with the battery icon -- see the first post on page one of this thread.

"It takes a great deal of time to recover from any improvement..."
Chuck v is offline   Reply With Quote