Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels and Motorhomes > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-06-2024, 05:43 PM   #1
Flyer550

Default 2022 Ameri Lite Awning

Dear travelers,

Does anyone have the electrical schematic of the Ameri Lite?
The owners manual is so terrible, incomplete and to make it worse, every single picture or diagram is completely blurry.
The awning is not working and I am trying to troubleshoot it but this crappy manual is useless.I figured out that the brown and red wires of the awning control switch have been disconnected and isolated with tape (see picture). If anyone has the same model to tell me the correct position for those two wires, it would be very helpful.
I will appreciate all tour inputs.

Great travels and thank you for your time.

Gil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8854.jpg (203.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8853.jpg (174.5 KB, 1 views)
Flyer550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 10:28 PM   #2
Flyer550

Don’t worry guys. Problem solved.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:22 PM   #3
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer550 View Post
Dear travelers,

Does anyone have the electrical schematic of the Ameri Lite?
The owners manual is so terrible, incomplete and to make it worse, every single picture or diagram is completely blurry.
The awning is not working and I am trying to troubleshoot it but this crappy manual is useless.I figured out that the brown and red wires of the awning control switch have been disconnected and isolated with tape (see picture). If anyone has the same model to tell me the correct position for those two wires, it would be very helpful.
I will appreciate all tour inputs.

Great travels and thank you for your time.

Gil
OK, your PREMISE is wrong, you do NOT need an GS Amerilite diagram, you need a diagram from whatever BRAND/ MODEL the awning is? SEARCH INTERNET for that, you may even find a PARTS LIST, and use THAT to Verify the MODEL. Other fruitful search terms using Brand/Model might be OWNER MANUAL, SERVICE MANUAL. HOPE this helps. (Some) might even be on the GULFSTREAMCOACH DOT COM website,, so at least start there first? Good Luck.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:34 PM   #4
Flyer550

Dear THenne1713,

Thanks for taking the time to chat. Listen, I don't think my point about the Gulf Stream manual is totally off.

I've been around a lot of well-organized manuals in my time (think aviation manuals - super clear!), and the Gulf Stream one just doesn't seem to cut it. I understand that they have separate manuals for things like the microwave, refrigerator, awning and lights, on top of a not-so-great overall manual for the trailer itself, considering they did the wiring and connections.

Maybe they could take a page out of the aviation manual playbook and streamline things a bit!

Safe travels.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

I too, experienced w/ aviation manuals, and understand your feeling, but from what I read, the GSCOACH approach is not unusual in the RV world; (and GS aviation employees never visit the RV world, LOL) there are a few MFR w/ BETTER MANUALS and have read (some) dealers have done better jobs of assembling proper manuals for the new owner sales. GS DOES have a nice outline online of their intended online approach to owner manual access, but suspect either that employee gone, or Covid/ other factors intervened and stopped that effort.

Online search will find that you can fill (some) holes from other dealers' websites, but generically, all brands pretty much alike on FUNCTION? SIL bought a KEYSTONE BULLET 5th wheel a few years back, and I/ we could find nothing wrong from factory. (= amazing?) Mine now a 24-yo GS Class-C, I see was higher quality line when it was built.

My (now 7+yr RV experience) tells me from research that once you understand RV systems basics, brands pretty much mirror each other?

p.s. Thinking out loud, disconnected wires suspect wud have to be either to a shake/ wind SWITCH to initiate AUTO RETRACT, or to LED LIGHTS? Did you ever determine BRAND/ MODEL?

Tags
awning issue