Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Go Back   Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum > Gulf Stream | Tech > Plumbing
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-11-2023, 01:20 PM   #1
Hoov2446

Default Hot water heater temperature

I have a 2023 6320 Conquest Class C. My hot water heater has the switch for using propane or electric. Using propane does not warm the water at all while the electric is some better but at most lukewarm. Does anyone know how you can adjust the temperature to the hot water heater?

I can stand the lukewarm water in summer but I will not be able to take a lukewarm shower in the winter. Brrrrr
Hoov2446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2023, 11:22 PM   #2
Leisure Time Larry

Well, that doesn't sound right at all. You shouldn't need to adjust the temperature. If you are not getting HOT water, something is wrong. Refer to the attached troubleshooting guide. In short, 1) Make sure your bypass valves and such are all in position for NORMAL operation. 2) Make sure your water heater is full of water before trying to heat it. 3) Try heating with propane. You should hear the burner (and see it if you open the outer WH cover). It takes 20-30 minutes to heat the typical 6 gallon water heater. 4) To operate the electric element, you need to have the generator running, or be plugged into shore power for it to work. If you tried to use the electric element without water in the heater, then you may have caused a malfunction or damaged it. Again, refer to the attached guide. 5) Using the propane and electric together will decrease the time it takes to get the water HOT. Good luck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Water Heater Troubleshooting - Suburban V1.3.pdf (1.67 MB, 9 views)
2005 22' BT Cruiser 5211, Chevrolet 3500 chassis w/6.0L Vortec V-8; 6'x12' Cargo Trailer; Honda CB500X motorcycle for street and ADV riding; Yamaha TW200 motorcycle for dual-sport and trail riding...All of it for fun and adventure!
Leisure Time Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 10:04 AM   #3
Will_VT

I appreciate Larry’s reply, however what is your dealer doing for you? My dealer went through every system with us before we left the lot with our unit. Additionally, to this day they still answer questions if something odd pops up.
My opinion, make the dealer’s service department do some work for you. Good luck!
PS, I didn’t turn on the hot water bypass our first season and the same thing happened to us.
Will_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 12:38 PM   #4
RY469

There is a small round bi-metal switch on the front of the tank (under the black foam with two electrical terminals sticking out) This sets the water temp. May need replaced. As it is a 2023, make a warranty claim and let the Dealer fix it.
RY469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 01:11 PM   #5
THenne1713

Send a message via AIM to THenne1713 Send a message via Yahoo to THenne1713

A COMMON issue* causing cooler Hot water if often the outside shower valves are open from being winterized, which allows cold to mix with hot as it leaves the tank.... *I.e. Overlooked when dewinterizing. When winterized with RV antifreeze, the handheld valve is closed and both faucet valves opened to allow antifreeze all the way thru hose to handheld. Good LUCK.