Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
holmesaw

Default RVFEST 2010

Dear Fellow RVers,

RVFEST 2010 is an independent RV (self-contained and towable) rally with no connection to the Gulf Streamers International RV Club and Gulf Stream Coach, Inc. I (Les) have planned it for Monday June 21, 2010 to Monday June 28, 2010 at the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds, Goshen, Indiana. It will be hosted by yours truly and my wife, Jean Potteiger, Richard and Virginia Raikes, Don and Suzanne Palczynski, and all who volunteer to help! I have had requests to do this! I chose to extend the rally to the 28th to give us more time together, after all, some of us travel a great distance to get to Goshen! I can reserve the Fairgrounds if I act before 28 February!

This will be an inexpensive rally, $250 or less for two people in an RV with a full hook-up site! We will have entertainment, craft classes, perhaps meals other than pot-luck dinners and much time to renew friendships, and time for fellowship, fun and games. We will have use of the carpeted area of the ECC air-conditioned building 24/7. I will solicit seminars, craft classes, talent, etc from attendees. You can invite your friends to attend no matter what brand RV they have. Please notify your friends who do not receive e-mail! There are many nearby hotels for those who do not want to bring their RV. I've asked local RV repair facility personnel to come to the Fairgrounds to look at your coach, to give estimates for repairs and perhaps do on-site repairs for a fee. We will use our cars or RVs for transportation (there will be several golf carts at our disposal on the Fairgrounds - I can get one for you to use personally at about $30.00 per day if you wish). There will be no buses!

I need to know ASAP what your interest is in this rally. I am hoping that I can get at least one hundred units to commit and make this feasible, 150 units would be great! I plan on making this a success at minimal cost to you. It is possible with a hundred units and volunteer support.

There is a kicker - to get the discounts I must write one check for all of the Fairground charges. Their cash register is not set up to handle discounts - you cannot individually register and pay at the reduced camping fee. To do this, I will have to have cash (personal check, cashiers check, money order, etc.) - obviously, I as an individual cannot process credit cards! As soon as I have an adequate number of replies, I will finalize the plans and cost ($250.00 or less). I will prepare an application form with standard wavier (you will be asked to list your site preference, second and third choices) and send it via e-mail for your signature and submission with a $50.00 refundable deposit. The application also will include an Emergency Information/Medical form for you to fill out. (If you want to send me a $50.00 deposit earlier, I will not refuse it!) Payment in full will be required by April 21, 2010 - ~60 days before the rally begins.

Please respond to this e-mail ASAP either by e-mail or telephone.

Sincerely,

LTA, Lester A. Potteiger
13103 Trapp Drive
Spotsylvania, VA 22551-8023
(540) 220-7649 (c) (please use until 3 April 2010)
(540) 972-8399 (H)
email [email protected]
FMCA Gulfstreamers International
Good Sam
holmesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #2
David Bott

We are in Les.
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
holmesaw

David
Make sure you contact Les directly thru phone or email. He is not on this forum.
FMCA Gulfstreamers International
Good Sam
holmesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
David Bott

Les called me. All good!
MBE900 Diesel (Mercedes)
08' Saturn Outlook Toad
"To Boldly Go...Because We Can!"
https://www.OutsideOurBubble.com
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
rescue7

I just made a reservation at Elhart faigrounds for June 22nd.
They said a rally was being held. I remembered about this one, and looked it up.
We are just passing through for one day as we are on our way to MD Anderson hospital in Houston.
My wife's cancer has returned and we are seeking treatment there on the 29th.
Maybe we meet some of you that night if we take a walk around the fairground.

Don