Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 12-08-2006, 08:45 AM   #1
Arthur Hayes

Default Sirus Antena Wire

My 07 Tour Master has a Sirus antena factory installed on the roof. I want to receive Sirus radio and have been searching for the antena wire inside the RV without any luck. Called customer service several days ago and am still waiting for a reply. Does anyone know or have an idea where the antena lead might be?
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:11 AM   #2
GStream40
Site Team

Welcome to the Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum!

On our '04 with the factory installed Sirius Sat/AM/FM/CD radio and factory installed antenna, the wire is plugged right to the box for the radio.

If you have a satellite antenna and radio, it should already be plugged in.

I believe the sat. antenna wire is routed down the driver's side corner behind the trim along with many other wires under the left side of the dash and over to the radio, at least it is on our coach.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
RJ82much

My CB antenna lead was routed down that corner post, behing the trim. The lead just barely appeared under the dash - too short to connect anything to it. The surplus was folded under the trim mentioned above.

The bad news is the lead must enter the engine compartment to come back through the firewall. It was globbed in with foam sealant & could not be pulled through.

The message is, if not connected into the radio, the lead may be hanging under your dash, somewhere in the snarl of wires.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
earljan34

Arthur Welcome to the GS owners forum. Hey Bob I thought mine was the only one with the CB wire to short to reach! But I had extra wires in the passenger side wheel well that rubbed the tire don't know what they were for but Master Tech fixed them when they changed the fenders.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
RJ82much

Earl,

My dealer fixed my short CB antenna lead. First, he pulled on it, thinking he could free it from the sealant. It didn't free, (did stretch though, breaking the wire). So the next step (& only one he told me about) was brag how he ran down to Radio Shack for an extension cable! "Easy fix!"

I'm guessing that actually checking his work was NOT part of the standard, so he didn't... and it doesn't... My CB doesn't hear unless a station is within about 20 feet.

But wait, do we have the same dealer? (Hartford, CT?)

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 12-09-2006, 04:51 PM   #6
coolchas11

Is this Long View ? Who was the service rep? Charlie
Old 12-10-2006, 05:41 AM   #7
earljan34

Bob, No I did not buy there made a big mistake bought from Flagg in RI price was over $5000. less than Long View and a lot closer but they have drooped the line, They also don't have anybody that knows what they are doing as far as service. Tried to have it serviced at Long View and was told they had to do the warranty work but to just drop it off and they will get to it when they have time. Needless to say I didn't do that so now I have a independent RV repair fix what I can't.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
RJ82much

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolchas11
Is this Long View ? Who was the service rep? Charlie
Charlie, It was Long View. I'm not sure what you mean by the service rep. The actual work was done by one of their nameless kids who willingly brag that they are the best on earth.

The dealership service manager likely never knew about the nature of difficulties with the reported problem. He merely watches the hours charged to the repair. He would never know about the damage due to pulling on the wire. No one did because I'm certain no test were performed. I didn't have a CB in my unit (Why would I,,, couldn't connect it to an antenna wire!) There have been 2 service managers since I've started with LVRV. The real power lies with the 2 girls that write the ticket. They don't care though, about how something is fixed - only about getting the next unit into the shop (& your's out therefore)

But the real answer to your question would be that the GS area representative/district manager was Andy Downton. Short of Scott Pullin himself, Andy Downton was (he's moved on) the best employee that GS could ever hope for. Andy solved every problem, smoothed over every wrinkle I ever presented to him. Because of that willingness to get into the fray, I tried to never overuse the resource.

Scott & Andy expected their people to do their jobs. I'm certain they operated not by micro-managing, but rather by empowerment. Unfortunately, there are those who abuse that trust. I think we are often the victims of that regularly broken trust.

Long answer to a short question -

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
Old 12-19-2006, 06:35 PM   #9
Arthur Hayes

I had asked about the location of the Sirius Satellite antenna wire that comes in with the Satellite TV dish wires. I see where it goes into a sleeve on the roof but unable to find it in the coach. My radio is Sirius capable, but not enabled. I would have to purchase a receiver that the antenna wire plugs into and then plug the receiver into the back of the radio. One of you mentioned the CB antenna wire, I have found that and did buy an extension cable so that I could use my CB.

Hope there is someone out there that has had success in finding the Sirius antenna cable and its location.
Blue OX Tow Bar
Unified Break System
Arthur Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote