Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 01-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #1
lsolomon123

Default Crooked Slide 95 Sea Hawk

I have a 30 ft. Sea Hawk that has a slide problem. When you pull it out, it has about a 1 in. gap on top inside of camper. When it is pushed in, it pushes in at an angle as well. When you close it the pump pulls it flat against the camper.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
Larry Moore

Larion
To my knowledge they all tip out at the top when moving in and out. It sould seal up when fully in or out. If the gap does not seal when out then maybe the limiters are not set correctly. Electric slides move till they stall I do not know what stops hydraulic slides.
Larry
Larry Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
lsolomon123

Thanks Larry, but mine actually seals at the bottom when fully extended but has about a 1 in. gap at the top. I can actually put my finger into the gap and feel the cold air from outside. When I slide it out, the bottom comes out first and then the top follows. It drags pretty hard on the tile/carpet. How do I check the limiter if that seems to be the case?
Old 01-18-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
WE B RVN

Larion
A good friend of mine had the same problem with his 1995 35' Sea Hawk. The teflon type material on the floor that the slide slides on had sunk down a little into the floor. We used a similar product to raise it 3/4'', not much room to work on this as we could only raise the slide approximately 2'' to install the spacers. Then we lowered the outside of the slide just a little by loosening the brackets under the slide while holding it with a jack, then easing it down, then re-tightening the bolts. We did the work ourselves, however, I recommend having a dealer adjust it. If you do decide to do the work, make sure you loosen the hydrolic ram, it extends through a hole in the frame and if you adjust the slide without loosening the ram, it will bend it. Also, use a 3' 2x6 to spread the load on the jack or it could punch through the slide floor, and only adjust one end at a time. Again, I recommend a dealer do the adjustments. My freind and I are mechanically inclined and do much of our work ouselves. This solved his problem and I can only assume your slide is the same, however, it may not be.
Good luck
Kevin
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
WE B RVN

Larion
Any news with your slide problem.

Kevin
WE B RVN is offline   Reply With Quote