Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
RJ82much

Default parts is parts - continued

I'd like to continue the parts identification that I started on the "official" Gulf Stream site. Gulf Stream has removed all traces of any of those discussions.

Today I found the CB antenna lead. It's hidden behind the black panel down by the driver's left foot. Of course there is less than a foot of wire available. The assemblers left the additional 2 foot or more of surplus behind the windshield panel going up to the antenna itself. It is impossible to pull this surplus through because it's been excessively gunked up with sealant in the engine compartment! I guess I could locate the CB down under the dash (I MEAN underneith the dash, out of sight!) & keep the volume up really loud! -sigh, what's the matter with those people?

I've been asking GS customer service for weeks for the location of the Intellictec IRD control box. The relay is in the DC compartment just behind the driver's side front wheel, but where IS the control box, I asked? Well, I found it on my own... It also is located down & behind that driver's left-foot panel. It's not mounted, just all wrapped up in the wire harness. No wonder GS didn't want to tell us where it was located. What a wiring mess. -sigh, what's the matter with those people?

I've been asking GS customer service for weeks for the identity of the manufacturer of the AVS-100 box in the DVD/VCR/FM cabinet. Who made it, how it works, why it's there? Well, while snooping behind that now infamous panel by my left foot, I took a closer look at a flat, firewall-mounted box way under the dash.... (assumed it was a computer module for the WorkHorse) Nope, it was labeled River Park Co. "HT Switching System" P/N 6CHXOV-01, with an invitation to visit their website at http://www.riverparkinc.com for more information. River Park is the manufacturer of the "Smart Source AVS100 Video Switcher". They have a wiring diagram download of the "supposed" complete AV system used in our coaches. It appears that there is a possibility it is not exactly what Gulf Stream provided however... More investigation required.

Also, River Park didn't include the wiring diagram of their HT Switching System box online, though the box does apparently switch the audio source to the speakers between the Sony Home Theater system and the chassis CD/Cassette/FM/AM radio. I have emailed their tech service asking for more product info on the 6CHXOV-01. Now, if you experience speaker problems (scratchy, breaking up, muted), you know where to look for the potential cause.

That's enough for now. I'm really bummed about the short, useless CB antenna wire. Don't forget to check in with the "official" site to see if anything is happening with the rallies.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 09:24 AM   #2
gsadmin

Great detective work...again, how humerous is it that we must go through this...

For the CB antenna, I don't know the connector, but you might try this...

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=278%2D975
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 01:46 PM   #3
RJ82much

It's looking more & more like I'll have to use an extension like you pointed out.

I'm quick to complain when something is wrong, so I should be equally willing to praise when things are good. Last night, I also wrote to GS about the short lead. Scott Pullen (GS's Mr Worthmore & VP of operations) answered me IMMEDIATELY this morning about the short CB lead, confirmed there is supposed to be 30" of surplus & suggested a means to pull it through from the column to under the dash. A short time later he responded again with the suggestion of the extension just as you have done.

Scott has messaged me in the past with proposed solutions & definately presents GS in a positive light. Hats off to Scott P.

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
gsadmin

This is exactly what I don't think GS understands. All of owners are ready to stand up and praise when praise is due. And, even if GS has done something truly stupid, we will stand up and praise even more when they acknowledge that stupidity and then follow that with a promise to rectify and move to make changes.

All owners would be huge online and offline GS advocates if this were the environment...
- Converted batteries to 4x6V from 2x12V
- Added Bully air-horn
- Added Safe-T-Steer

SLC, UT
gsadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
Timothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ82much
It's looking more & more like I'll have to use an extension like you pointed out.

I'm quick to complain when something is wrong, so I should be equally willing to praise when things are good. Last night, I also wrote to GS about the short lead. Scott Pullen (GS's Mr Worthmore & VP of operations) answered me IMMEDIATELY this morning about the short CB lead, confirmed there is supposed to be 30" of surplus & suggested a means to pull it through from the column to under the dash. A short time later he responded again with the suggestion of the extension just as you have done.

Scott has messaged me in the past with proposed solutions & definately presents GS in a positive light. Hats off to Scott P.
I hope he's sending you that extension no charge.
I complained about not being able to reach the fantastic fan power switch in my 5th wheel and they sent me a remote operated fan at no charge!
I know you guys have Moterhomes but John Smith over in towables has been great to work with.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:14 PM   #6
darbyjudy

Default INformation

Camp Helper if you learn anything new from GuldStream on the 6CHXOV-01, please let us all know. I had a heck of a time getting my Sat. Dish working and not knowing the wireing diagram of the switch box. Wish I would have found this information earlier. thanks Camp Helper.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:35 AM   #7

Default unethical

Is that not a bit unethical of yourself?