Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 10-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
Kate P

Default Camp Freightliner

We just finished a two day class from Freightliner called "Camp Freightliner" and I want to share with my fellow Gulf Stream Owners ,who ride on Freightliner Chassis, that this is an opportunity that you don't want to miss. They go over all the components that Freightliner ships to Gulf Stream before Golf Stream builds the body. In addition, we learned the things you need to do before every trip and also what you need to have done at our annual maintenance and what we don't need to have done. Although we have owned our RV for three years, we found this class to be incredibly helpful. Now, there are probably some of you who are completly knowledgable about the workings of the chassis, engine, etc. But, for those of you who want to learn more this is a great resource. You can find information on the freightliner website (you have to cut and paste because I don't know who to hotlink it on this site). http://freightlinerchassis.com/Owner-In ... id-98.html
I don't know if there will be any more classes offered in 2011 but you may want to give them a call and see if they are going to offer it next year. There is also a great review on the sessions at http://www.irv2.com/forums/blogs/driver ... art-1-186/
We decided to take the course and while we are here we are scheduled on Tuesday to get our annual service done at the Freightliner Service Center - why not get it done by the people who built the chassis. I'll let you know in a future posting how that worked out. But, all the blogs I have read have raved about the quality of their service center.
Hope you find this helpful