Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
RVTrucker

Default NO FURNACE NO AC

I have an 06 Gulfstream hooked up to 30A service. I have used it for over a year with no problems. A couple of days ago the furnace went off and i thought the gas was empty. I turned the empty off, turned on the new bottle and turned the furnace off and back on but it would not work. Just out of curiosity i switched the thermostat to ac and that would not work either. The ac does work in the fan position and everything else is working fine. I was thinking that maybe the thermostat had gone bad since both went at the same time. I've checked the incoming power, all circuit breakers and fuses and everything looks good. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
RVTrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #2
Timothy

Default Re: NO FURNACE NO AC

Sounds like the thermostat to me. pull it out and short the wires for the furnace if you know which they are it should say on the back, if the furnace goes on replace the tstat. You have power to the thermostat if the AC switch works.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
RVTrucker

I received the new thermostat form amazon today. I immediately noticed that it wasn't the same but decided to try it anyway. The difference was that it was digital and instead of a 7.5v dc hot wire and a ground the new one had a 12.4 positive and a 12.4negative. I hooked the 7.5 v wire to the positive and the negative to the ground. All other wires were the same. The furnace worked but when i turned on the ac the compressor started but the fan wouldn't work in the hi or lo position. This told me that neither the furnace or ac unit was bad so i drive 3 hours to an rv dealer that had the exact analog replacement. Upon installing it I had the same problem that I initially had. No furnace and no ac. Now I am totally lost. I did check all the fuses again to make sure I hadn't blown anything with the digital thermostat.
RVTrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
Red_mudd

I saw your post. I have this same problem. I too thought my thermostat was bad. What did you do to correct your problem?
Red_mudd is offline   Reply With Quote