Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Earl Medlin

Default Slide out

I have a 2004 B-Touring cruiser 27' with one slide, i was wondering if we are out some where bondocking and the slide doe not come in, is there any way to get in using force or disconnect something,,,Thanks for any replie,,Earl Medlin
Old 02-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
coolchas11

You should have a manual crank similar to a tire bar. The instruction manual will show you how to do it. We needed it done once, but CoachNet did it. Charlie
Old 03-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
rlmorris2408

I own a 2006 BT. My owners manual gives no instruction on how to manually retract the slideout.
Bob
rlmorris2408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Kathy

Send a message via MSN to Kathy Send a message via Yahoo to Kathy
Default slide out

Our 5er has a space on the hydrolic pump for a handle resembling a jack handle. You mite look in the pump area on your unit and see if it is similar.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
nanahow

Default slide problem

we had this problem and after searching and calling good sam ers a neighbor camper said there is a fuse box type thing with trip switch. Well we searched every orifice and finally found it in an outside compartment near the top. and sure enough one was tripped. pushed it in and lo and behold the slides worked just fine. Now we asked the GS serice manager where we bought the used rig what the other trip switches were for and he said he did not know.. This is not something we could find in any manual. Hope this helps
nanahow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #6
RBatson

Default slide operation

My 2005 B Touring Cruiser has a inline 30 amp fuse, located in the battery compartment, that supplies power to operate the slide outs. Also the slides can be operated manually with a ratchet wrench with extension and a 5/8 inch socket. There is a nut in front of the slide motor under the bed. I believe the motor for the front slide is under the couch, however, there is a access panel located in the top of the storage compartment outside.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:22 AM   #7
boatguy

due to GS lack of a manual i went online and printed a owners and service manual for all the appliances in my coach after i got stuck in the mountains with my jacks stuck down with no cell service.you will be suprised how much the manufactures supply you with on there sites
boatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 04:32 AM   #8
BTCruising

Thank you RBatson for your suggested location of the bolt to manually close the slide. I'd appreciate learning from other 2006 BT Cruiser 5231 models if the bolt is located under the sofa on the slide motor or outside in the ceiling of a compartment....or somewhere else. I'd check it out myself but my Cruiser is in winter storage right now.
BTCruising is offline   Reply With Quote