Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 06-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
danangie

Default Sofa not secured - Safety issue

I have a GX2 - 5291 that I've owned for 3 months now and has been in the shop for 6 weeks of that time. Most of the time waiting on Gulf Stream to respond to different dealers on items like my sofa that were either incorrectly installed or not installed at all.

The sleeper-sofa in my slideout was never bolted to the floor of the slide. So the sofa moves around when someone sits on it and has the potential to become a flying object during a vehicle accident. After numerous attempts, GS won't respond to the dealer on how it is actually supposed to be installed. Would be interested to know if anyone else has had this experience and if you have a resolution I could provide to the dealer.
danangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 08:06 PM   #2
Nanaeve

Default Sofa/sleeper

Our 09 Endura 6341 on the International chassis had a similar problem, of the four lag bolts suppost to be holding it to the slide out floor, two were not properly installed and were stripped/loose. Rather than take it the sixty miles to the dealer, I just moved the couch an inch and redrove the bolts with a drill. Be careful not to set the torque too high, like was done at the factory on mine and they will bolt up tight. The couch had four 90 degree angle brackets bolted to it, maybe your's is missing them? Hope this helps! I know how the waiting feels ours was at the shop for 6 of its first eight weeks. GS finally acted after a complaint to BBB and California State Bureau of New Vehicles, before that they just never contacted us, even after numerous registered letters, how they stay in business sometimes is beyond me.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #3
GSGin

I know this is an old post, but we recently bought a couch to put in our slide. (04Ultra) It was shifting at times when taking turns. There are seat belts bolted to slide floor. I attached the belts to the sofa frame and it no longer slides. Quick fix, no tools needed!
GSGin is offline   Reply With Quote