Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
JIMNINA

Default 2003 Gulfstream Yellowstone (New to us)

We just purchased a 2003 Yellowstone with a CAT 330HP DP and this our first DP.
We just took a trip to Tennessee, from Central Florida, the only issue was on I-26 with overheating. I have since found out I probably didn't keep the RPM's in a good range.
A couple questions came up during the trip.

1.After stopping for the night at Walmart as we were accelerating onto the Interstate the generator shut down, Onan 75W silent genset, and would not restart right away.
We had about 1/2 tank of fuel and I kept trying to restart for an hour or so every 10-15 minutes with not luck. When we stopped to fuel up I decided to try to start the genset and after about three tries it did start. No problem the rest of the trip.

2. While going over the couch I saw an electrical plug nest to the battery minders and I don't know what it is for? It goes into a wire chase into the engine area? Do all Gulfstream's have a heater for the fuel? I see a wire chase coing off the drivers side of the engine and running toward the electrical plug, but can't tell.

3. In the coach next to the windshield are 2 small fans that I can't find a switch for either of them. They both are facing the windshield and don't seem to move?

4. As a new diesel owner are there any main areas of concern I should look for in the Gulfstream?

Any help with these items will be appreciated, We are planning a 2 week trip with the grandkids next month and was wondering if I should look at anything before we go. I have checked belts, hoses, changed fuel filters, check tires (All are about 3 years old).

Again thanks for your support~~~
JIMNINA is offline   Reply With Quote