Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 03-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #1
Old Fat Guy

Default Coach Battery Cutoff Switch/relay

I have a 2006 Gulfstream Sun Voyager 8368 on a Ford F53 chassis and am experiencing electrical problems. Can anyone direct me to the location of the coach battery cutoff relay. This relay is controlled by the cutoff rocker switch which is located immediately to the left of the entry door on the side of the sink cabinet. It functions to remove 12 V coach power when in the OFF position and apply 12 V coach power when in the ON position.

Normal operation is that when moving the switch from OFF to ON a "chirp" is audible. I am no longer getting the chirp when cycling the switch and have no coach battery power. The generator will not turn over and the A/Cs will not operate. There is 120 V shore power available at the output of the Transfer Switch. There is 12.6 VDC available at the inverter input and the Inverter is producing 120 V to run the microwave and TV. Although the A/Cs are 120 V appliances, I suspect they require the presence of 12 V coach power to initiate.

Unfortunately, there seems to be little or no data available online on how the Gulfstream electrical systems work or where the electrical components are located. My gut tells me that either the Coach battery cutoff switch or the associated relay is the problem. Any help from others who have experienced a similar problem or who have a working knowledge of the Gulfstream electrical systems and component layout would be appreciated.

Pop
Old Fat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 12:29 PM   #2
Old Fat Guy

Default Re: Coach Battery Cutoff Switch/relay

The problem was indeed the main 12 V Coach Battery Circuit Breaker. Glad it wasn't the inverter as some folks had suggested.

Pop
Old Fat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote