Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Gulf Stream Owners RV Forum

Old 02-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
earljan34

Default Satellite connections

I can't find any info in the owners manual as to the connections for a Satellite dish ? In the power compartment there is two TV hookups the one in the same outlet as the telephone is for the cable as the other one does nothing cable works fine. But in the cabinet with the a/v gear there are two connections also the one on the antenna booster I assume is a extra for the booster as it seams to be hard wired and it works fine too. The wall outlet next to the booster has a TV and Telephone receptacle I assume this is the one I use? I know this sounds stupid but I know nothing about Satellite TV and I am thinking of putting it in the house and MH.

Earl

www.IRV2.com, www.RvNET.com, www.thatscamping.com
earljan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
coolchas11

Earl, sorry I can't help you. Long View installed the receiver. Charlie
Old 02-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
RJ82much

Earl,

The good news is I have a layout that accounts for all the signal connections.

The bad news, it is "somewhere"

A) you might consider going back thru my posts on this forum to see if you can find it

or

B) wait till I locate my original notes, & I'll let you know.

Sorry....

'05 Sun Voyager #8351
https://www.much2see.com/index.html
RJ82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:04 PM   #4
GStream40
Site Team

Default Re: Satellite connections

Quote:
Originally Posted by earljan34
I can't find any info in the owners manual as to the connections for a Satellite dish ? In the power compartment there is two TV hookups the one in the same outlet as the telephone is for the cable as the other one does nothing cable works fine. But in the cabinet with the a/v gear there are two connections also the one on the antenna booster I assume is a extra for the booster as it seams to be hard wired and it works fine too. The wall outlet next to the booster has a TV and Telephone receptacle I assume this is the one I use? I know this sounds stupid but I know nothing about Satellite TV and I am thinking of putting it in the house and MH.

Earl
In our coach, I hook the free standing sat. dish to the cable connection that is separate in the cord compartment in other words the one that is not in the cover with the phone connection.

Inside the cabinet in the coach, I hook the receiver cable to the one that is in the wall outlet that has a TV and Telephone outlets as you described.

That's the way it has worked in both of the GS coaches we've owned so I assume they are all that way.

I purchased a label maker and I am in the process of labeling all my switches and connections as they should have been done at the factory.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 AM   #5
earljan34

Thanks Ron, Also can you connect it to the surround-sound?

Earl

Old 02-11-2007, 08:15 AM   #6
GStream40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by earljan34
Thanks Ron, Also can you connect it to the surround-sound?

Earl
Earl, I connected the video and audio cables to the AVS Smart Source distribution sat connections on the back so that I can feed all the TV's from the receiver.

I have not tried connecting the 2nd set of output cables from the receiver to the SS as yet to see if I can use the surround sound. It is on my "to do" list. Been enjoying the warm Florida weather and haven't had time.

The things that Gulf Stream told me to try to feed the TV sound thru the surrround sound did not work, so I haven't went any farther into that.

Ron
GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #7
earljan34

Ron thanks again for the info!

Earl